Plugin Contributions

Default Unknown Error On Category Pages

I'm having a small problem with www.jogrant.com. The index page looks great. The individual story listings look great. The three category pages are not displaying quite accurately...the descriptions are extending into the right sidebar (which is empty), and this message is appearing at the bottom of the pages: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Refreshing the pages doesn't help. The error log baffles me; I can't figure out where the error is. It says:

[29-Apr-2015 21:46:00 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from products p, products_description pd
    where p.products_id = pd.p' at line 3 :: select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name,
    p.products_date_added, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id ,pd.products_description from products p, products_description pd
    from products p, products_description pd
    where p.products_id = pd.products_id
    and pd.language_id = '1'
    and p.products_status = 1 order by rand()
    and p.products_id in (1, 2) ==> (as called by) /home2/boruma/public_html/jogrant.com/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 50 <== in /home2/boruma/public_html/jogrant.com/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!
    Last edited by DK_Scully; 30 Apr 2015 at 03:51 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unknown Error On Category Pages

This is the code I've been using on several different websites, and it's worked perfectly until now. That's why I'm confused...why is it suddenly malfunctioning now?

$new_products_query = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name,
    p.products_date_added, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id ,pd.products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " .
    TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
    from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
    and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'
    and p.products_id in (" . $list_of_products . ")";

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    This is the code I've been using on several different websites, and it's worked perfectly until now. That's why I'm confused...why is it suddenly malfunctioning now?

$new_products_query = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name,
    p.products_date_added, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id ,pd.products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " .
    TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd

That code looks wrong the from statement is repeated
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

What I did was copy the new_products.php file from another site that was working properly, and uploaded it directly to this new site. Why would it work on several other sites, but not on this one? What would cause the code to suddenly double?

I did a direct side-by-side comparison of the code used on the other sites...where it's working properly...and this site where it's not. The code is identical.
    Last edited by DK_Scully; 30 Apr 2015 at 01:14 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know why it would change, but that change with the duplicate from statement would give that error

p.products_date_added, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id ,pd.products_description

Perhaps delete the file on the server and confirm its deleted by requesting the page that uses it, and then upload the new one that you know works.

If that doesn't work

Go into your hosting control panels file manager, open the file and check the code is correct within the file there

p.products_date_added, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id ,pd.products_description
    Webzings Design

Plugin Contributions

No, I guess I didn't explain myself well enough. The code above is working perfectly on 8 other shopping carts. That exact code, with the apparent duplication in it. I will do as you recommended, and delete the file and then re-upload it...but why would it be working perfectly well on 8 other sites if there's bad code in it?

Plugin Contributions

Don't know why, but i can confirm that if I duplicate that particular line in my code on the new_products page I get that same issue and the same error log

Code:
    [30-Apr-2015 21:47:16] PHP Fatal error:  1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from znc_products p, znc_products_description pd
    where p.products_id = pd.produc' at line 3 :: select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name,
    p.products_date_added, p.products_price, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id ,pd.products_description from znc_products p, znc_products_description pd
    from znc_products p, znc_products_description pd
    and pd.language_id = '1'
    and p.products_id in (1, 2, 3) in /path to queryfactory thingie
    If I remove the duplicated line as below

my page show like this (which i assume is correct?)

I get new product appearing below the listing and no error message

http://www.grumpykiwi.com//index.php...=index&cPath=1
    Webzings Design