Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Ecommerce Tracking

Hi,

First of all, Thanks for this great plugin, I have it installed on our website and it works fine.

Recently we set up an AdWords campagin and we would like to use Adwords conversion tracking.

Can anyone tell how/where to put the Adwords code?
    I want to make sure it compatible safe with this plugin.

I read this threat about how to install the code. https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....rsion-tracking
    Is It ok to follow the steps schoolboy suggested in the above threat?

Thank You!
    Adrian

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Ciocīrlan View Post
    Recently we set up an AdWords campagin and we would like to use Adwords conversion tracking.
    Can anyone tell how/where to put the Adwords code?
    I want to make sure it compatible safe with this plugin.
    There is no need for adding an additional Adwords conversion script. It would even be contraproductive as the RodG plugin will not work correctly anymore if an additional Adwords conversion tracking is added to the checkout success page.
    Just make sure that your Google Analytics account is linked with your Adwords account and you will see everything in Analytics. If the conversion came from an adwords campaign you will see that in Analytics.
    I have implemented the findings and fixings from this thread to an updated version of this great plugin and removed some unneccessary code for the specific client it was once written. Will submit it to the download section soon and put it on GitHib as well.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all, my knowledge isn't very advanced so I wanted to check if I have installed the plugin correctly. It was very simple to install! I had different codes and an old plugin (Easy Google Analytics) installed but have now removed all of the old codes and files. I haven't removed anything from the database or run an uninstall script, should I do this?

My website is - https://www.welsh-lovespoons.co.uk/

The following code now appears on each of our pages. Is this correct? Many thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	17136
    Last edited by bonheddwr; 12 Jul 2017 at 01:04 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bonheddwr View Post
    Hi all, my knowledge isn't very advanced so I wanted to check if I have installed the plugin correctly.
    A good rule of thumb - if it is working, it is almost certainly installed correctly :)

It was very simple to install!
    :) :) :)

I had different codes and an old plugin (Easy Google Analytics) installed but have now removed all of the old codes and files.
    The only code that I know of that would be relevant is the UA-xxxxxxxxx-y (User Account), and this would typically be the same for both the old plugin and this one (assuming the same site is being monitored).

I haven't removed anything from the database or run an uninstall script, should I do this?
    This question is the main reason for my reply - In an ideal world, and assuming that you *have* removed all the 'old codes and files' ALONG with any other code modifications associated with the old plugin, and also assuming that there is an uninstall script available, then yes, you should do this - BUT, that is a lot of assumptions and we don't live in an ideal world so deleting stuff from a database, either manually or with a script, poses certain risks. It only takes one file to try to reference missing DB data to cause the site to crash.

If you have any doubts whatsoever that you haven't 'undone' all file changes associated with the initial install then leave the database alone.
    A database with fields/entries that are no longer needed are completely harmless.

The following code now appears on each of our pages. Is this correct?
    Yes, that looks correct.

It also shows that when you took this screenshot you was actually logged into the site as a customer :)

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for replying above Rod. I've had this installed on the site for around two weeks. I installed this because the Google Analytics code I used previously was only recording a few of the transactions when visiting the google Analytics site (Conversions>Transactions) but the majority were not being recorded. Unfortunately even though page views etc are being recorded correctly it seems the transactions are still not being recorded using this plugin. Has anyone else had the same issue? I spoke to somone from the Google 'Tag implementation team' over a week ago on the phone and after an hour he came up with this code to be inserted at the bottom of tpl_checkout_success_default.php , and when I did a test transaction and paid via my own paypal account the transaction was recorded, but none of the orders since have been recorded! I may be going around things the wrong way, but what I simply want is that all orders are recorded in Analytics, and in Adwords I can compare how much a campaign has cost for a certain period compared to the amount of revenue generated from those Ads during that period.

Would really appreciate any advice!

Code:
    <?php
    $sql_ordertotal = 'select REPLACE (text,"$","") text from orders_total where orders_id = '.$zv_orders_id.' and class = "ot_total"';
    $to_send= $db->Execute($sql_ordertotal);
    $order_total    =    $to_send->fields['text'];

$sql_ordershipping    = 'select REPLACE (text,"$","") text from orders_total where orders_id = '.$zv_orders_id.' and class = "ot_shipping"';
    $to_send    = $db->Execute($sql_ordershipping);
    $order_shipping    =    $to_send->fields['text'];

$sql_tax    = 'select order_tax from orders where orders_id = '.$zv_orders_id;
    $to_send    = $db->Execute($sql_tax);
    $order_tax    =    $to_send->fields['order_tax'];
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    ga('require', 'ecommerce');
    var cartTotal = '<?php echo $order_total; ?>';
    var CartShipping = '<?php echo $order_shipping; ?>';
    var CartTax = '<?php echo $order_tax; ?>';
    ga('ecommerce:addTransaction', {
      'id': <?php echo $zv_orders_id ?>,// Transaction ID. Required.
      'affiliation': 'welsh-lovespoons.co.uk',       // Affiliation or store name.
      'revenue': parseFloat(cartTotal.replace(/[^0-9.]/g,'')),// Grand Total.
      'shipping': parseFloat(CartShipping.replace(/[^0-9.]/g,'')),// Shipping.
      'tax':parseFloat(CartTax.replace(/[^0-9.]/g,''))// Tax.
    });
    <?php
    $sql_orderproducts    = 'select * from orders_products where orders_id = '.$zv_orders_id;
    $row_orderproducts    = $db->Execute($sql_orderproducts);
    while(!$row_orderproducts->EOF){
    $category_id =    zen_get_products_category_id($row_orderproducts->fields['products_id']);
    $category_name = zen_get_categories_parent_name($category_id);
    ?>
    ga('ecommerce:addItem', {
      'id': <?php echo $zv_orders_id ?>,// Transaction ID. Required.
      'name': '<?php echo $row_orderproducts->fields['products_name']?>',// Product name. Required.
      'sku': 'SKU<?php echo $row_orderproducts->fields['products_model']?>',// SKU/code.
      'category': '<?php echo $category_name?>',// Category or variation.
      'price': <?php echo number_format($row_orderproducts->fields['products_price'],2)?>,// Unit price.
      'quantity': <?php echo $row_orderproducts->fields['products_quantity']?>// Quantity.
    });
    <?php
    $row_orderproducts->MoveNext();
    }
    ?>
    ga('ecommerce:send');
    </script>

Plugin Contributions

ga('ecommerce:addItem', { 'id': <?php echo $zv_orders_id ?>,// Transaction ID. Required. 'name': '<?php echo $row_orderproducts->fields['products_name']?>',// Product name. Required. 'sku':
    I am currently knee-deep in nitpicking this plugin to death, to
    a) suit my shop and also
    b) default shops,

for Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce.

I wish to point out that that this bit of code is for Google Analytics Ecommerce Tracking and not for Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce. There are differences, minor as they are.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for replying above Rod. I've had this installed on the site for around two weeks. I installed this because the Google Analytics code I used previously was only recording a few of the transactions when visiting the google Analytics site (Conversions>Transactions) but the majority were not being recorded. Unfortunately even though page views etc are being recorded correctly it seems the transactions are still not being recorded using this plugin.
    Sorry, but I'm a wee bit confused here.. I'm looking at
    https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/

... but I can't seem to find Conversions>Transactions

I am seeing
    Conversions>Goals
    Conversions>E-Commerce
    Conversions>Multi-channel Funnels
    Conversions>Attribution

But no Conversions>Transactions

The sales transactions can be seen at Conversions>E-Commerce>Sales Performance.

Here's a screenshot of what you should be seeing (captured just now, todays last 10 sales)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	17183

As you can (hopefully) see - all of the TransactionID's are in sequence - no missed sales.

Has anyone else had the same issue?
    Some folk *have* reported *some* products not being reported/recorded with this module (as I recall, due to apostrophes in the product titles that the module isn't properly escaping, but I don't recall any reports of nothing being recorded at all.

Hmm, did you enable the the Enhanced Ecommerce reporting (on the Analytics website)?
    Admin->view->Ecommerce settings
    Tick the boxes to 'Enable Ecommerce'
    Set the 'Enabled Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting' to 'On'

I spoke to somone from the Google 'Tag implementation team'
    Perhaps you should be speaking to someone from the Ecommerce Analytics team instead - This has nothing to do with 'Tag implemantion' - That's a whole different kettle of fish.

over a week ago on the phone and after an hour he came up with this code to be inserted at the bottom of tpl_checkout_success_default.php ,
    He has screwed you over (putting it bluntly) - The entire point of my creating this module is so that you *don't* have to modify any zencart code.
    He has also provided you with *old* code - Not the 'Enhanced Ecommerce' code (that the ec module is using).

At the moment (assuming you still have this 'new' code added you are effectively doubling up on the reporting - Google Analytics will either fail to record either, or it will be ignoring one of them. Which one being ignored will possibly be determined by the aforementioned 'Enabled Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting' setting.

and when I did a test transaction and paid via my own paypal account the transaction was recorded, but none of the orders since have been recorded! I may be going around things the wrong way, but what I simply want is that all orders are recorded in Analytics, and in Adwords I can compare how much a campaign has cost for a certain period compared to the amount of revenue generated from those Ads during that period.
    Adwords is yet another beast entirely.

Would really appreciate any advice!
    My advice would be to firstly remove any code that you have added to any pages. The ec_analytics module was created specifically to avoid having to do this - and by using this module plus the page additions *will* cause problems.

My next suggestion would be to fire up a Chrome browser, and add the Google Analytics Debugger plugin
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ytics-debugger.

With this installed, and navigating your site (add product, remove product, checkout, etc, etc) you can right click on the page(s) and click the 'inspect' button. This will basically show you exactly what the ec_analytics code is doing on any given page - including the exact data being sent to the Google servers. This will identify any problems or issues.

It's a pretty nifty little add-on - however, it may be a little difficult to understand (depends on skill level).

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

I’m sorry, it should have read Conversions>E-Commerce>Transactions. Mmm, my Google Analytics layout looks slightly different to yours, and all transactions should be listed here not under Sale Performance. As you can see (by the huge gaps between Transaction / order numbers), only a few transactions are being recorded.

'Enabled Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting' was set to ‘Off’, I have now set it to ‘On’. I’ll see if this makes any difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the very detailed comments regarding code I will look into this now! Thanks again, Hedd.

Plugin Contributions

My advice would be to firstly remove any code that you have added to any pages. The ec_analytics module was created specifically to avoid having to do this - and by using this module plus the page additions *will* cause problems.
    I've removed the extra code suggested by the 'Tag implementation team' now, and after loging in to analytics again, it now looks like yours. The plugin is now the ONLY Analytics code included anywhere on our site (I hope!)

Adwords is yet another beast entirely.
    Does that mean I need to add a different Adwords code as well? From my understanding from speaking to the Adworeds representative on the phone, he took me through connecting Analytcis and Adwords so the same results should show up in both, I think! It used to be so simple!

My next suggestion would be to fire up a Chrome browser, and add the Google Analytics Debugger plugin... It's a pretty nifty little add-on - however, it may be a little difficult to understand (depends on skill level).
    And therein lies the problem. I can add plugins, and edit files if I'm told what to do, but that's far as it goes! My understanding when anything goes wrong is next to zero! I wonder if you know of an expert I could pay at an hourly rate, maybe using Google hangouts to see what's happening when I place the order, and why it isn't being recorded in analytics, and help me to correct it? Thanks for all of your support, really appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

PS, I don't know if this could be the issue, but we use worldpay and paypal for payments. The URL people arrive at after paying for an order using Worldpay is similar to this. Even though it is our website that appears, the URL is actually secure.worldpay.com . Could this be an issue as to why the orders aren't being recorded?

Name:  screengrab.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  67.4 KB

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast