Plugin Contributions

Default new paypal button and look at paypal - new problems?

I had a client start complaining a couple of days ago that he was seeing duplicate orders with paypal express. When checking into it, I found that the paypal button is now blue and depending on whether you are logged in or not at paypal (or something else affecting this), you may see different screens at paypal.

I tried this on my site and it shows a wonderful page (finally) where you see a link to use your paypal account or use your credit card. I'm attaching a screenshot of the two looks - his cart and mine. He does have shipping enabled in his cart but mine are digital products and do not require shipping choices.

On my clients site, I'm logged not logged into the cart, the screen froze up at first (that may be my computer this morning) but it's the old login screen - pay with paypal or with credit card. The client is in England and I've seen very different things with his paypal. We had to turn off the cardinal fraud protection a few months ago because it prevented checkouts. That has never been resolved.

When I tried a second time on his site, I got logged in to my paypal account without me choosing it. So it does look like paypal has changed their cookies or something. It looks to me like confused customers are the reason for the duplicate orders.

My client is feeling like a stepchild and threatening to go to another cart - one that will worry about UK customers. I simply was not able to get anyone engaged in the cardinal problem here on the forum.

So this is a warning - looks like paypal has changed things - giving the customer a new experience and maybe confusing everyone.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: new paypal button and look at paypal - new problems?

Sorry, the image is attached here.Name:  paypal_new_checkout.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  29.3 KB

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if this thread is more of a notification, a request for action, or something to obtain confirmation.

That is the type of PayPal screen I have been seeing in the US for a while now. Mind you the colors are not the same, but the overall/relative layout is.

As is the case with anything, change causes problems/confusion, assuming that truly is the cause of duplicate orders and not some other underlying issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    I found that the paypal button is now blue
    I've noticed that it goes back and forth between blue or orange. Perhaps PayPal is doing some A/B testing.

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    depending on whether you are logged in or not at paypal (or something else affecting this), you may see different screens at paypal.
    That's always been the case.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.