Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Group Pricing (per item) -- is it okay to use with 1.5.5?

To clarify:
    "If your products are "Product General" type, then you in new/edit mode you'll see 4 group-specific pricing fields. This is where you set the per-group price for this item."

I do not have this option in any of my products. All products are "product general" type.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Argh.
    Turns out I attached the wrong zip, which was missing some of the updates to the customers.php file.
    It's been updated: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=154

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay ... I think I've found one problem. In the "read me" instructions to change group names (ie group a, group b, etc), it directs us to change the files as follows:
    To use a different name, replace all the occurences of that name in the appropriate files - which are:
    * /includes/extra_datafiles/group_price_per_item.php // not for 1.5.0
    * /admin/includes/extra_datafiles/group_price_per_item.php
    However, in looking at the files under the 1.5.5 folder, there is not "extra_datafiles" folder under includes (only admin/includes/extra_datafiles/...)

Also, while re-uploading files to make sure I did it correctly, I'm worried I uploaded the admin/include files into the store/includes directory. I went through and re-uploaded everything correctly but am nervous may have added a file (or overwritten a file) in the store/includes directory that shouldn't have been there. Specifically was/is there a general.php in the store/includes? If so, did overwriting it do anything dire?

Here are the files I may have added/overwritten in store/includes:

includes / extra_datafiles (folder)
    includes / functions / general.php
    includes / languages / english / extra definitions (folder) plus document_product.php and product.php
    includes / modules / update_product.php

Thx.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindagal2 View Post
    ID / Group Name / % Discount
    1 | AATF Members | Per Item 0.00%

Is the "0.00%" the reason no alternative pricing shows up under any of the merchandise? Each item is a different discount price unfortunately, so a global percentage rate does not work for me. Am I doing something else wrong?
    The 0.00% is normal, because you're not giving a percentage discount. You "could" still offer a percentage discount on top of the per-item special pricing if you wish, just by changing this to something more than 0.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindagal2 View Post
    Also, while re-uploading files to make sure I did it correctly, I'm worried I uploaded the admin/include files into the store/includes directory. I went through and re-uploaded everything correctly but am nervous may have added a file (or overwritten a file) in the store/includes directory that shouldn't have been there. Specifically was/is there a general.php in the store/includes? If so, did overwriting it do anything dire?
    No, none of these files belong in the STORE/includes (only should be in admin):
    includes / extra_datafiles / group_price_per_item.php
    includes / functions / general.php
    includes / languages / english / extra definitions / group_price_per_item.php
    includes / lanugages / english / document_product.php
    includes / lanugages / english / product.php
    includes / modules / update_product.php

Plugin Contributions

Okay ... I'm going to go through and DELETE the files you enumerated in the message above from the STORE/includes file ... then I will re-download the plugin and reupload everything ( ) and let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Group Pricing Per Item Support thread

Okay ... much better! There is now a group-specific pricing field in my "product edit / new product" window.

Incidentally, READ ME file for the plugin should be changed to show name change in the following files (directory path):

STORE/admin/includes/extra_datafiles/group_price_per_item.php
    STORE/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/group_price_per_item.php

Currently it locates the includes "group_price_per_item.php" file here in 1.5.5 (which is not in the 1.5.5 zip pack):
    * /includes/extra_datafiles/group_price_per_item.php

Last two questions re this plugin:

1) We use the term "member" and "non-member." Is there a way to change the discount verbiage to use those terms rather than "starting at" and "retail" for prices? (In fact, can I get rid of "starting at" completely since the prices are flat rates, not sliding scale)? We are a non-profit org so "retail" doesn't make sense for our products.

2) Is there a way to accommodate various multiple purchases? ie, in one case the customer is offered 3 items for $45 for members, and 3 items for $48 for non-members. I thought initially of different groups (multiple purchase non-member and multiple purchase member) but the volume discount is different for different numbers (sometimes 3, sometimes 10, etc.) and my boss doesn't want to deal with too many groups.

THANK you!

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Is this module able to be used with ZenCart 1.5.7?

Plugin Contributions

I'd also be interested in knowing whether this can be used with 1.5.7d.

Plugin Contributions

I am wondering the same thing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast