Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with the TaxCloud mod

Hello all,

I'm not sure what is going on but I've tried to install the Tax Cloud mod twice and both times all I got was a blank screen went I tried to get into my admin. This happened on 2 PCs.

The first is a Windows 8.1 machine and was using Firefox as the browser. (resulted in blank screen)
    The other also a WIndows 8.1 machine using Internet Explorer version 11 (resulted in 500 error)

What did I do wrong?

I noticed in the installation instructions to disable or delete any tax being used so I removed the tax rate and zones controlling the default tax handling of Zen-Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with the TaxCloud mod

Are there any error messages being displayed in the /logs folder
    What version of PHP are you using, (probably not relevant, but has been a few issues recently)
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

If you're getting a blank screen, there should be logs in your logs folder. Please post them.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    If you're getting a blank screen, there should be logs in your logs folder. Please post them.
    I am posting a zip file with the last 4 error log files there were about 10 or soadmin_errors.zip

Hope that helps

Plugin Contributions

ok. It's best to just post the logs directly just to save a step. They're all the same, and here's the error.

[03-May-2015 15:58:04 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require_once(../includes/modules/TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d573794904/htdocs/maintain/includes/functions/extra_functions/taxcloud_functions_loader.php on line 4
    [03-May-2015 15:58:04 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../includes/modules/TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5.5') in /homepages/10/d573794904/htdocs/maintain/include

So this indicates you haven't installed all the files. These files *are* in the zip.

Plugin Contributions

ok. It's best to just post the logs directly just to save a step. They're all the same, and here's the error.

[03-May-2015 15:58:04 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require_once(../includes/modules/TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d573794904/htdocs/maintain/includes/functions/extra_functions/taxcloud_functions_loader.php on line 4
    [03-May-2015 15:58:04 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../includes/modules/TaxCloud/func.taxcloud.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5.5') in /homepages/10/d573794904/htdocs/maintain/include

So this indicates you haven't installed all the files. These files *are* in the zip.
    Thanks, I saw that, and just uploaded all the files, folder by folder in the correct folder, at least I thought I but them in the correct folder, will double check again before I remove

Plugin Contributions

Just double checked the log and files being referenced. I am attaching screen shots of my ftp client showing the affected folders, any other ideas, it looks to me like I have it in the correct placeScreenHunter_08 May. 03 20.21.jpgScreenHunter_09 May. 03 20.22.jpg

Hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

Just checked the last error log file, here is the new message:

[03-May-2015 20:12:25 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_get_ip_address() in /homepages/10/d573794904/htdocs/maintain/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php on line 34

What happened, I still got the blank screen, I have removed the module again so I have access to the admin?

Plugin Contributions

Two things:

- don't install mods "folder by folder". They are set up so that you can upload the includes directory, then the contents of the admin directory, and you will get everything. Doing it folder by folder makes it more likely you will miss something.

- The latest log means there's a problem with your copy of ./admin/includes/functions/general.php. Check it against a fresh download.

Plugin Contributions

Two things:

- don't install mods "folder by folder". They are set up so that you can upload the includes directory, then the contents of the admin directory, and you will get everything. Doing it folder by folder makes it more likely you will miss something.

- The latest log means there's a problem with your copy of ./admin/includes/functions/general.php. Check it against a fresh download.
    I just checked, the general.php from the mod zip is missing the get_ip code, but is in the zen-cart install files, guess I need merge that file?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast