Plugin Contributions

Default 1.5.3 login intermittently doesn't work without any code changes

I am stumped. I am running Zen Cart 1.5.3. I have cleared cache and even re-updated all of the files in the admin folder besides for the includes.php. I have tried 4 browsers with cleared caches, including Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE (latest versions)

Using PHP Version 5.2.17

I have followed all the steps outlined here http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...working-for-me

What happens is I get a refreshed screen where it doesn't seem to process the correct login information.
    I will get error messages if I put in the wrong user name and password

Interestingly enough - if I put in just the right username but the wrong password - it doesn't give me the "You entered the wrong username or password." - it just has the same problem as when I enter the correct username and password.

Perhaps this will be a clue that can help someone help me?

It is most likely not a server issue either. I have 2 other Zen-Carts on this same server on version 1.3.9 that are running fine. And another one version 1.5.1 that is also running fine and the log in doesn't not encounter this issue.

Also, this problem happened yesterday, I started fooling around and somehow it got fixed. Then again this morning the problem reappeared. What I did yesterday was disable SSL to 'false' - I tried, that failed - so I enabled it again. Then, when I tried logging back into the Zen Cart after re-enabling SSL to 'true' it asked me to reset the password (just like when you are installing zen cart for the first time and enable SSL in the admin). Subsequent to doing that the login was successful. Maybe that was a fluke, I don't know.

Also, customers are able to log in and place orders on the front end.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/tips

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.3 login intermittently doesn't work without any code changes

Update - I managed to get back in again. I truncated both the admin_activity_logs and the db_cache tables. It again, somehow, gave me the request to reset my password due to enabling SSL and then I successfully entered the site.

So it seems like I know how to solve the problem, but not what is causing it.