Plugin Contributions

Default Questions regarding USPS mods

Hello all working on a couple of site that will be using USPS to ship. One client will mostly be using First Class mail as they are doign greeting cards, the other probably Priority Mail. I loaded the USPS mod and am getting the rate quote for the sites customers. Does anyone know of any USPS mods that will print the labels from the admin side?

Or do all the USPS mods require outside membership to print labels? If so which service is most inexpensive, as the busienss I am settign up for and so far all sales have been in person, no expandign to online, so do not know, how the online ales will go.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Questions regarding USPS mods

Quote Originally Posted by dfontana View Post
    Does anyone know of any USPS mods that will print the labels from the admin side?
    No

Or do all the USPS mods require outside membership to print labels?
    AFAIK, that is true

If so which service is most inexpensive,
    IMHO, they are all comparably priced. Some are easier to implement and maintain.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    No

AFAIK, that is true

IMHO, they are all comparably priced. Some are easier to implement and maintain.
    Ok, I know Click and Ship from USPS.com does not have monthly charges and from what I see only allows for either Priority Mail or Express mail. One of my clients will probably prefer to use First Class mail as her primary, am I mistaken about Click and Ship? Or any comments on that service?

Does anyone have any preferred USPS services to ship packages?

Plugin Contributions

The Click-N-Ship plugin has not worked since quite a few USPS updates ago.

If fixing the Click-N-Ship plugin were an easy fix, someone would have done it by now, so I'm just guessing that getting it function with the current USPS servers is either not economical to update or not worth the support effort/headache.

Each has their own preference. I used Stamps.com but their support was poor, at best and they updated their plugin fileS several times a week.

Moved to ShipStation, now owned by Stamps.com. Different support team. Much easier interface. More robust, web based application with rules and filter capabilities. Functions with Stamps.com account, Express1 account, Fedex, UPS, DHL and others. Express1 postage rates are a tad less than Stamps.com and we use them interchangeably.

You could also export order info to a csv file and use it to manually print address labels/stamps for the first class.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

The Click-N-Ship plugin has not worked since quite a few USPS updates ago.

If fixing the Click-N-Ship plugin were an easy fix, someone would have done it by now, so I'm just guessing that getting it function with the current USPS servers is either not economical to update or not worth the support effort/headache.

Each has their own preference. I used Stamps.com but their support was poor, at best and they updated their plugin fileS several times a week.

Moved to ShipStation, now owned by Stamps.com. Different support team. Much easier interface. More robust, web based application with rules and filter capabilities. Functions with Stamps.com account, Express1 account, Fedex, UPS, DHL and others. Express1 postage rates are a tad less than Stamps.com and we use them interchangeably.

You could also export order info to a csv file and use it to manually print address labels/stamps for the first class.
    Excuse my naivete, but why would I join Shipstation if it needs member with Stamps.com? seems like I paying for to services and using one?

Plugin Contributions

ShipStation includes the Stamps.com and Express1 accounts in their monthly fee structure, so you do not pay anything to Stamps.com or Express1 for the accounts, only the postage from Stamps.com and postage from Express1.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

ShipStation includes the Stamps.com and Express1 accounts in their monthly fee structure, so you do not pay anything to Stamps.com or Express1 for the accounts, only the postage from Stamps.com and postage from Express1.
    Ok, thank you for the clarification.

Plugin Contributions

i use shiprush its Free, for usps you must take to post office for postage or put stamps on it and it will post back the tracking number to your website