Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a link to a terms page

Quote Originally Posted by dw08gm View Post
    Not sure what you have done, but your folder structure does not look right. Unless you really have a template called terms, you should remove all references to /terms/ in your folder structure, except for that in /includes/modules/pages/terms/header_php.php. You do not need to create a template for a single page, but if you run a template then the fileset will need to be distributed accordingly.

Once you have edited the names and contents of each file to conform to your page set "terms", the main content of the page will be contained in /includes/languages/english/html_includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/define_terms.php.

I edit pages directly in a text editor (eg notepad++), where it is much easier to save/refresh/re-edit a page, rather than go through the admin define pages editor.

I have not seen nor used the ZenCart Define Page Generator.
    dw08gm,

Thanks for your help on this. I am one step closer I now see a single row for text with the following word 'terms'.
    Editing the file in Define Pages Editor changes nothing. I also made the changes to the directory structure you suggested but no luck either.

So ... I think I will delete everything I did and just copy a different page/rename it and start over. It's odd that I see it in the Define Page editor but page content is not showing.

Plugin Contributions

Just an update on where I stand with this.

I have removed all previous files and started over. I copied a currently working page and it's directory struct just to see what would happen. Renamed the copy to terms and I get the same results. Page loads only the header, footer and sidebox with the center of the page empty. Even with the new files matching the directory location and structure of a working page - just renamed. Could I be getting into file permission issues? Double checking file permissions I have '604' for all the newly copied files (same as the orig file).

Here are the locations the copied file exists. Again it's just a copy of a functioning page.

Store\includes\modules\pages\terms\header_php.php
    Store\includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_terms_default.php
    Store\includes\languages\english\html_includes\classic\define_ terms.php
    Store\includes\languages\english\html_includes\define_ terms.php
    Store\includes\languages\english\ terms.php

What am I missing guys?? I didn't think it would be this difficult to add a new page. I would of at least expect the copied page to reference the original named files due to php code in each copied file not being altered. I see the page content getting changed in the Define Page Editor & it differs from the originally copied page. So I do know I am editing the correct page content.

Plugin Contributions

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the simplest way is to use the existing define page 'Conditions of Use' and change the first line in your includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php file to read like this:

PHP Code:
      define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY''Copyright &copy; ' date('Y') . ' <a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" target="_blank">' STORE_NAME '</a>.  Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>.  <a href="index.php?main_page=conditions">Terms &amp; Conditions</a>'); 
    Done and dusted - no fuss.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bravo685 View Post
    Just an update on where I stand with this.

I have removed all previous files and started over. I copied a currently working page and it's directory struct just to see what would happen. Renamed the copy to terms and I get the same results. Page loads only the header, footer and sidebox with the center of the page empty. Even with the new files matching the directory location and structure of a working page - just renamed. Could I be getting into file permission issues? Double checking file permissions I have '604' for all the newly copied files (same as the orig file).

Here are the locations the copied file exists. Again it's just a copy of a functioning page.

Store\includes\modules\pages\terms\header_php.php
    Store\includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_terms_default.php
    Store\includes\languages\english\html_includes\classic\define_ terms.php
    Store\includes\languages\english\html_includes\define_ terms.php
    Store\includes\languages\english\ terms.php

What am I missing guys?? I didn't think it would be this difficult to add a new page. I would of at least expect the copied page to reference the original named files due to php code in each copied file not being altered. I see the page content getting changed in the Define Page Editor & it differs from the originally copied page. So I do know I am editing the correct page content.

It is not difficult at all, but does require an understanding of the template overrides system and attention to detail.

If you are using the classic template, certain files must be placed in classic folders, ie
    Store\includes\templates\classic\templates\tpl_terms_default.php
    Store\includes\languages\english\classic\terms.php (the space between \ and terms needs to be removed.)

Also
    Store\includes\extra_datafiles\terms_filenames.php is missing from your latest list. This is needed to define the fileset.

You may have other problems not related to the about us mod, that should be apparent by you comparing your fileset with the default fileset.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the simplest way is to use the existing define page 'Conditions of Use' and change the first line in your includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php file to read like this:

PHP Code:
      define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY''Copyright © ' date('Y') . ' <a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" target="_blank">' STORE_NAME '</a>.  Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>.  <a href="index.php?main_page=conditions">Terms & Conditions</a>'); 
    Done and dusted - no fuss.

Yes, but the about us mod also serves as a basis for the creation of diverse other pages, so is a very useful mod to have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12