Page 48 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue V 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_zaz View Post
    Ok So I've managed to change the link text in the menu. Using the includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php
    Now I need to get my links working.
    The pages I have created by renaming pages define_page_2,3,4.They show up in Admin>Tools>Define pages.
    One of the pages is now called sell_gold.php
    These pages are not visible in the EZ pages.
    To link to from menu to the page this is what I've done in the tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php page :
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SELL_GOLD); ?>" class="drop"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_SELL_GOLD; ?></a>
    and I've tried this too:
    <a href="http://www.kinectwebdesign.com/ingleburncashexchange/index.php?main_page=sell_gold" class="drop"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_SELL_GOLD; ?></a>

Both go to a page not found 404 message. Any help appreciated.
    I found out what the problem was with the help of this thread https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ing-a-New-Page Bunyip's comment made me realise that I had the link format correct but I hadn't completely connected the dots when it came to page creation. I hadn't created the filenames in the includes/extra_datafiles folder and I hadn't put my pages into the templates/template_default/templates folder. That connected all the dots and its all working.

For anyone else this was helpful also https://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index....ating_the_link

Also for a newbie the correct link format is like this: <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SELL_GOLD); ?>" class="drop"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_SELL_GOLD; ?></a>
    If for some reason it takes you to a 404 page not found it means you haven't completed all the necessary steps for page creation.
    I hope this helps someone :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    You can turn off the header search in admin--tools--layoutboxes controller. No need to edit any php file for this.

Thanks,

Anne
    However, it turns off the slogan line too. Can I keep the slogan line and just move the Search box out from the menu bar and place it just below the currency?
    Thanks,

mobilegps

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mobilegps View Post
    However, it turns off the slogan line too. Can I keep the slogan line and just move the Search box out from the menu bar and place it just below the currency?
    Thanks,

mobilegps
    Turning off the header search should have no effect at all on the tagline.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,
    Sorry if this has been covered I just do have the time to read the whole tread at this time. :)

This not an issue with V2.0 it is a question before I update from v1. Will this change any of the files in V1 or will it setup in its own folder? I want to have the V1 available to my customers while I configure V2 for my site and work through any issue. Then once I have it the way I like it go live with v2.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fadora Vapor View Post
    Hi Anne,
    Sorry if this has been covered I just do have the time to read the whole tread at this time. :)

This not an issue with V2.0 it is a question before I update from v1. Will this change any of the files in V1 or will it setup in its own folder? I want to have the V1 available to my customers while I configure V2 for my site and work through any issue. Then once I have it the way I like it go live with v2.

Thank you and keep up the good work!
    As with any new template install I would recommend cloning your cart to a development server or a sub folder on your server, doing the install and customizations, testing, etc. and then moving to your live cart.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I was able to read the install yesterday and noticed it uses all the same folders as V1. So yes I'll have to do as you advised. I was trying to avoid the long setup of the development server, but I can't avoid it. Thank you Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I would like to update the social links on this template Responsive Sheffield Blue.
    I have read the instructions here: http://www.picaflor-azul.com/demos/i...ue_readme.html
    When I go to Admin, in the Flexible footer menu where you have the text links, I do not have text links just an empty box.
    When I put my own link in it doubles up with the existing template links and my new link.
    I wish only to have the Facebook icon and link.
    Any help appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I would like to update the social links on this template Responsive Sheffield Blue.
    I have read the instructions here: http://www.picaflor-azul.com/demos/i...ue_readme.html
    When I go to Admin, in the Flexible footer menu where you have the text links, I do not have text links just an empty box.
    When I put my own link in it doubles up with the existing template links and my new link.
    Any help appreciated.
    My guess is that you are not looking in the correct place. You need to look one line down to find the social media links as it says in the readme.html file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

In admin, at the bottom of the list of options you'll see "share and connect", click BELOW this, there is another row just below that but without a label, so it's not immediately obvious.

But thanks Anne, great template.

Plugin Contributions

I've just noticed an issue, might not be specifically related to this template but...

If I click on any of the links under shop, featured, specials etc. then there products are apparently found but there are no images or links etc.

Any ideas?

The issue can be seen here (remove spaces, enter dots) one stop glasses co uk/index.php?main_page=specials

Last edited by Justrimless; 2 Dec 2015 at 09:52 PM.