Page 133 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1518
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue V 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by jpda View Post
    The currency field has an arrow to show it is a dropdown box. It displas the currency that you defined to be the default in Admin>Localization>Currencies.
    That default value has already been loaded in the form and prices in your shop will be shown in this currency.
    A simple text in your Welcome message might be easier...

To see how it looks like on a desktop when you would move the currency drop down box:

You might change margin-top to "margin-top: -33px;" and out comment "float: right"; (in stylesheet.css line #99). Or try with Firebug or a similar tool.
    A better way might be to move the code of the form "currencies_form_header" as a <li>...</li> where you want it to be in the <ul> of <div id="navMain"> and add/change some css, but I'm not sure if this will work and changes may be needed for mobile devices...

Cheers,

jpda

Thanks for your response.
    Many of my customers are older people (it's basically a retired people's hobby) and are not too computer literate. That is why I wanted a title for the currency dropdown box, similar to that for the manufacturer's drop down box. Since most of my customers are USA, it's not very critical.

I'll try your other idea, thanks

Carol

Plugin Contributions

hello again...
    Been getting ALOT of spam and php insertion attempts to my contact us page so i want to use a contact us page that has a capula and will only send mail to addresses I set up.. been using it for years puts a stop to both problems..

can someone please tell me where the "<a href=" is for the contact us page cuz I need to change it to an external link (not part of zencart) that will open in a new tab

Plugin Contributions

A thread on templates probably won't be helpful with contact us spam. Try googling zen cart contact us spam and see if any of those threads might be helpful. Newer versions should not have this problem.

Also, understand that third-world script-kiddies are being paid to sit at terminals and manually abuse the form.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hivtop View Post
    hello again...
    Been getting ALOT of spam and php insertion attempts to my contact us page so i want to use a contact us page that has a capula and will only send mail to addresses I set up.. been using it for years puts a stop to both problems..

can someone please tell me where the "<a href=" is for the contact us page cuz I need to change it to an external link (not part of zencart) that will open in a new tab
    You can do a quick search of the code for FILENAME_CONTACT_US and that'll reveal all the locations you'll need to change.

But, recent versions of Zen Cart already do spam-trapping. And there's a ReCAPTCHA plugin available too; it's an easy install.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    A thread on templates probably won't be helpful with contact us spam. Try googling zen cart contact us spam and see if any of those threads might be helpful. Newer versions should not have this problem.

Also, understand that third-world script-kiddies are being paid to sit at terminals and manually abuse the form.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can do a quick search of the code for FILENAME_CONTACT_US and that'll reveal all the locations you'll need to change.

But, recent versions of Zen Cart already do spam-trapping. And there's a ReCAPTCHA plugin available too; it's an easy install.
    Actually in the case of this template (historically) the use of the megamenu as "was" that included a dropdown contact us option with no honeypot was frequently an issue for spam. Now, that said, no amount of protection will prevent the attempt to spam that was initialy reported. There are several references and discussion in this thread alone about what can be done to prevent/minimize the amount of spam. The typical reason that it continues although the contact us menu option has been "hidden" is that only css was used and nothing programatic has been done to correct the situation. (script kiddies, etc. don't pay attention to css "hiding" attempts.)

Also while recaptcha, etc. may work well on a standard contact us screen, it doesn't work well (visually) on a responsive screen version of the dropdown because either it doesn't fit on screen or when reducing the size only makes it more difficult for real people to be able to read/enter the data requested.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

slow down everyone.. this is a simple "Where is it" question.. not a discussion on honeypots and spammers... LOL

Plugin Contributions

Is there anyway to control the layout when listing products, if you use a too bigger description it throws the whole site out like this ...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  40.0 KB

I have imported 10,000 products and would not want to edit each listing LOL

Many thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

The problem technically speaking is not that the description of any product is "too long" but rather when two products are adjacent to one another and one has a longer displayed description than the other, the height of the longer description is not factored into the height of the shorter one.

This is should be resolved through the use of the match height portion of the template which is supposedly a part of the current version of this template at least as identified in this post found by searching on the word height: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ht#post1310587
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The problem technically speaking is not that the description of any product is "too long" but rather when two products are adjacent to one another and one has a longer displayed description than the other, the height of the longer description is not factored into the height of the shorter one.

This is should be resolved through the use of the match height portion of the template which is supposedly a part of the current version of this template at least as identified in this post found by searching on the word height: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ht#post1310587
    I don't think match height was part of RSB v2. The jscript files were present in zc 1.5.5 Responsive Classic but not in RSB. I tried unsuccessfully to incorporate but was above my pay grade. My work around was to adjust min-height which was already used in the template stylesheet - I merely set it to a higher px number that accommodated my set up.

See also this thread:https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Sheffield-Blue

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    I don't think match height was part of RSB v2. The jscript files were present in zc 1.5.5 Responsive Classic but not in RSB. I tried unsuccessfully to incorporate but was above my pay grade. My work around was to adjust min-height which was already used in the template stylesheet - I merely set it to a higher px number that accommodated my set up.
    Pay Grade!!!

Move the javascript files from the responsive_classic jscript folder to your RSB jscript folder
    jquery.matchHeight.js
    jscript.matchHeight-min.js
    jscript_responsive_framework.php

In jscript_responsive_framework.php I didn't use any of the responsive mobile stuff so I deleted all but the lines needed for matchHight which are.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--//

(function($) {
    $(document).ready(function() {

$('.centeredContent').matchHeight();
    $('.specialsListBoxContents').matchHeight();
    $('.centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch').matchHeight();
    $('.categoryListBoxContents').matchHeight();
    $('.centerBoxContentsLinks').matchHeight();

});

}) (jQuery);

//--></script>
    I also renamed the file so in the future it would be easy to upgrade.
    I'm running on ZC1.5.5e, started with RSB v1, modified to meet php7.1 and then some... works!
    Idea of what's going on here any box you want to match hight needs to be listed here and all need the same class name. added for links was .centerBoxContentsLinks each div has this class so each link box match the hight of the others..

Hope that helps... Not getting paid any more, so guess pay grade is out...
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!