Page 124 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1518
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue V 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by johnemaher View Post
    So, in the interest of simplifying things, I just wiped the store and database and rebuilt them. I then uploaded and activated Responsive Sheffield Blue. Still no three dimensional qualities to the ribbons (if I have that element identified correctly), like Categories and Documents. Now I'm wondering what I initially did to make it actually work right.
    The link from your last post looks fine in firefox... so did you dump your browser cache? or refresh the page a few times.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    The link from your last post looks fine in firefox... so did you dump your browser cache? or refresh the page a few times.
    I cleared my cache and refresh with Ctrl-R, but no change. Maybe my expectations are off, but the demo site (http://zenlyzen.com/mobile-friendly-...sheffield_blue) does not look the same as my site (http://yanis-maher.com/store). (True, I changed the logo, but that is about it.) If they look the same to you then I guess I have a bigger mystery than I thought.

Thanks so much for you help.

Plugin Contributions

I cleared my cache and refresh with Ctrl-R, but no change. Maybe my expectations are off, but the demo site (http://zenlyzen.com/mobile-friendly-...sheffield_blue) does not look the same as my site (http://yanis-maher.com/store). (True, I changed the logo, but that is about it.) If they look the same to you then I guess I have a bigger mystery than I thought.

Thanks so much for you help.
    I found with this and other Picaflor templates I was WAY better off to make my logo the same size as the demo - changing it to a different size pushes everything else around on the desktop and on the various responsive views.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    I found with this and other Picaflor templates I was WAY better off to make my logo the same size as the demo - changing it to a different size pushes everything else around on the desktop and on the various responsive views.
    Hopeful that the logo represented the problem, I just changed back to the default template logo, but it still looks the same (although with the template logo).

I even went so far as to download the demo's css files and compare them to the ones on my site. Only one line was different. I changed mine to include that line, but still no effect. I am stumped, but I really want to get this to work.

Plugin Contributions

OMG. I figured it out, and I'm sorry to say it's because I had earlier in the day pressed Ctrl-Shift-+ to increase the font size of my browser. That effectively eliminated the three dimensional ribbons. Thank you to those who tried to help me. I basically got in my own way. Sorry to waste your time.

John

Plugin Contributions

You presented a problem then provided the steps you took to create/resolve the problem. That is never a waste as others can benefit from it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebear View Post
    Aaah! I got it... for anyone else in the stylesheet.css you need to have it as:

.slimmenu li.aboutus-li{display:none;}
    .slimmenu li.customer-service-li{display:none;}
    .slimmenu li.brands-li{display:none;}

and for the mobile side also add this to the stylesheet.css

.slimmenu.collapsed li.aboutus-li{display:none;}
    .slimmenu.collapsed li.customer-service-li{display:none;}
    .slimmenu.collapsed li.brands-li{display:none;}
    I'm trying to remove some elements like brands and about us, but the above does not work. In fact, the brands-li does not appear to be present, so perhaps things have changed since the posting. Can anyone direct me to where these items can be suppressed? (I should be explicit and say that it's the ribbon menu that I'm trying to change.)

Thanks.

John

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to remove some elements like brands and about us, but the above does not work. In fact, the brands-li does not appear to be present, so perhaps things have changed since the posting. Can anyone direct me to where these items can be suppressed? (I should be explicit and say that it's the ribbon menu that I'm trying to change.)

Thanks.

John
    I had a time with this as well. I also tried commenting out the sections in incl/templ/Sheffield/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_catgegory_tabs.php and for some reason that didn't work for me either. I ended up cutting out the entire block dealing with brands. That worked. (In my case I kept the About Us). Just my crude hackery ;o)

Plugin Contributions

Well, it's quite a hack, but I figured out how to eliminate the "Shop" and "Brand" menu items in ribbon menu. Basically I commented out the html and php for those two items in the file includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php.

I suspect there's a better way, but perhaps that will help someone as desperate as me.

John

Plugin Contributions

I suspect there's a better way, but perhaps that will help someone as desperate as me.
    John
    Hi John, thanks for sharing.
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    What version of Responsive Sheffield Blue V 2.0 are you using?

I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.5a.