Plugin Contributions

application error ZenCart and HHVM

I have just succesfully installed ZenCart on HHVM. And it's blazing fast (after the first JIT run)

There was quite alot of tweaking in the database connection and query system... Mostly stuff that was silenced with error supression operator @

Anyone else played around with HHVM?

I'm using HHVM 3.7.0 through nginx fastcgi.

I'll play around with it a little and see what happens.
    Working with Zen Cart since 2003 :: www.prr.fi
    Author of the original Finnish language pack for Zen Cart since 2004

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenCart and HHVM

Nice :)

Maybe you could share some more detail of the changes you needed to make and php/zc version you used.

It's a while since I tried Zen Cart with HHVM. (I think it was HHVM version 3.3.1 and Ubuntu is on 3.7 now)

Ian

If I get a chance I'll throw up a Digital Ocean droplet with nginx/hhvm in the next week or so.

Plugin Contributions

I'll post a patch next week if I have the time. :)

Some of the stuff was in the database classes... where some functions returned true instead of a result object, and the true value was given as a parameter to some other functions that didn't accept it ... and most of the stuff was silenced with the @ operator, so had to remove all of them to see what was going on.

Also there was one flush() call which was failing without any errors. Might be a hhvm php parity problem.
    Working with Zen Cart since 2003 :: www.prr.fi
    Author of the original Finnish language pack for Zen Cart since 2004

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No problem.

Was talking with Chris(DrByte) and he mentioned that Laravel Homestead will run v1.6.0 out of the box and also supports hhvm/nginx so might use that as a quick way of running stuff locally in a vm. Would be nice to get habitat to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by pasi View Post

Some of the stuff was in the database classes... where some functions returned true instead of a result object, and the true value was given as a parameter to some other functions that didn't accept it ... and most of the stuff was silenced with the @ operator, so had to remove all of them to see what was going on.

Also there was one flush() call which was failing without any errors. Might be a hhvm php parity problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wilt View Post
    No problem.

Was talking with Chris(DrByte) and he mentioned that Laravel Homestead will run v1.6.0 out of the box and also supports hhvm/nginx so might use that as a quick way of running stuff locally in a vm. Would be nice to get habitat to support that.
    Hmm... very promising indeed. Seems like we are cooking on (natural) gas and not on LPG

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I started to move zencart 1.5.4 to hhvm and got immediately problems you described in the previous posts (now facing the query class returning boolean instead of a resultset).
    Could you give some hints how you solved that or the file patch if it's ready? (All of us are fully busy so I'm just asking )

Thanks,
    Marco

Quote Originally Posted by pasi View Post

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

We're preparing a v1.5.5 release which currently seems to work fine with HHVM, at least under basic preliminary testing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.