Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default "unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected"

Someone sent me logs from an instance where this error came up:
    We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, at the present time we are unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address. Please continue using normal checkout and select from the available payment methods to complete your order.
    In the past most of the research to determine its cause was geared around customer address info. But in this case something else stood out, and the following fix worked for them.

I've not had a chance to do extensive testing with all possible configurations, but I'm offering this for others to try out and share feedback:

/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php
    Line 1755 (as of v1.5.4)
    Change this:
    Code:
    $order->info['total'] = urldecode($response['AMT']);
    to the following, which basically just adds some conditional checks in front of the existing logic on that line:
    Code:
    if ($order->info['total'] < 0.01 && urldecode($response['AMT']) > 0) $order->info['total'] = urldecode($response['AMT']);

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected"

We had the same problem on a client's site and were tearing our hair out trying to figure out what was wrong, as none of our other Paypal users were reporting it...and unfortunately, this occurred after a major upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.5.4 so you can imagine the number of red-herrings that were available!

Delighted to report that this fix above worked. Thanks.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected"

I can also confirm this resolved this issue for a client. Tried lots of other options first, but this did it.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem, how can I get this result? please help ASAP.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cattreestore View Post
    I have the same problem, how can I get this result? please help ASAP.

thanks
    Follow the instructions in the first post in this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    Follow the instructions in the first post in this thread.

I'm just new to Zen Cart, I see that post before, but I'm having problem. I don't know where to edit this code. I'm using Zen Cart 1.3.8a.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cattreestore View Post
    I'm just new to Zen Cart, I see that post before, but I'm having problem. I don't know where to edit this code. I'm using Zen Cart 1.3.8a.

thanks
    Did you take over someone else's site or did you start a fresh and new site? That version of ZC is at least 6 years old... If you notice the title of this thread indicates version 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 is just around the corner...

If you took over an existing site, it is one thing, if you started fresh it's entirely something else... Regardless welcome to ZC. It usually is helpful to get more information so that those offering to help can provide direct suggestions rather than guesses. This information is usually what is provided in the posting tips but could be more depending on the situation. :) help everyone help you.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I just take over the website.
    I try to create a new post for this problem, but I don't even see a "New Post" button. this is the closest post to what I'm facing.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default "unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected"

Anyone with version 1.5.5a running into this problem?

"“We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, at the present time we are unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address."

Checked the zone settings and the code from the sticky has been updated from 1.5.4.

Any other suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Would suggest answering the posting tips and possibly providing a way to reproduce the problem. Ie a link to the site, etc... not sure what ZC 1.5.4 has to do with a 1.5.5 installation or what is meant by what has been applied.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast