Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CK Editor driving me mad!!!

I am really new to Zen Cart and finding it very cool indeed. But, I am trying to install CK editor. Every time I try to check that it has installed OK I only still get a drop down option of TEXT either in MyAdmin>configuration>My Store>HTML Editor or any other drop down editor option. I'm thinking that maybe I'm installing the files incorrectly. Here's my interpretation:

i ckeditor.php file (from the unzipped admin/includes folder)gets placed in the includes folder inside of my renamed - admin folder.

ii the file ckeditor.php from inside admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions folder goes into my renamed -admin folder/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions folder.

iii The entire folder named ckeditor gets copied into catalog/editors folder.

I have also added the following line in admin/includes/configure.php define('DIR_WS_EDITORS', '<em>THE NAME OF FOLDER</em/');

Other info: I use FileZilla to upload files and it is set to ASCII should this be AUTO?

I have searched and searched the forum, FAQs and Wiki but not found an answer. A users different (older) version of Zen Cart is mentioned but php file lines did not match my version. So, I didn't attempt to alter anything in this newer version.

I would be grateful for assistance in this matter.

Regards from a very frustrated Man from Mars :

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CK Editor driving me mad!!!

admin -> configuration -> my store. go to the bottom of the page and set editor to ckeditor
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Merlinpa1969

If you read the first paragraph of my post you would see that I have done exactly that. On my screen the second to bottom line shows HTML Editor = None. At the top right of the screen is a drop down menu which states PLAIN TEXT. When I click on the down arrow it repeats PLAIN TEXT. There is NO option to change to HTML. Or am I missing something?

Regards

Still frustrated Man from Mars
    Last edited by Man from Mars; 14 May 2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Banging head against wall repeatedly!!

Plugin Contributions

So you renamed the CKeditor plugin admin folder named
    admin_for_v151_thru_v160 ?

To your renamed admin folder and followed the instructions provided in the CKEditor plugin

I couldn't tell from your description of steps if you followed the recommended procedure or if you were using a different process to install the plugin.

FROM THE CKEditor README file:
    Installation is simple:

1. Download and unzip this file (you've done that if you're reading this)
    2. In the unzipped folder, you'll see several variations of an "admin" foldername, offering options for various ZC versions. Find the one the matches your site's version, and rename it to "admin". Delete or ignore the other "admin_xxxxxx" folders, as they will not be relevant to you.
    3. Now, since your server's "admin" folder has actually been renamed to something other than "admin", go find out what that foldername is on your server now. You'll need that new foldername in the next step.
    4. Upload the various files from your PC to your website, placing each file in the same folder where you found it in the zip, ie:
      • /admin/includes/ckeditor.php goes to your website into your existing /renamed-admin/includes/ folder.
      • /admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ckeditor.php is added to your /renamed-admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ folder
      • /editors/ckeditor/ (the entire folder) gets copied to your /editors/ folder

5. When you login to your admin area, select CKEditor from the list of editors on applicable pages.
    6. (Recommended) You can also set your default editor choice via Admin->Configuration->My Store->HTML Editor (note: this may not take effect until you log in the next time)
    7. (Optional) You can change the folder in which the editor files live, by renaming the folder and adding the following line to your admin/includes/configure.php file:
      define('DIR_WS_EDITORS', 'the new name of your folder/');
      If you are using an external add-in for uploading images or other content, then this step moves from optional to recommended, for security reasons.

Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rixstix

I may have completely lost it now, but there is no folder or file that I can find called ' admin_for_v151_thru_v160 ' in the unzipped folder or anywhere else in zen cart. Please enlighten further.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Mars View Post
    Thanks Rixstix

I may have completely lost it now, but there is no folder or file that I can find called ' admin_for_v151_thru_v160 ' in the unzipped folder or anywhere else in zen cart. Please enlighten further.
    From where did you download the CKEditor plugin?

Doesn't sound like it was a supported version from the Plugins section.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1098
    Last edited by RixStix; 14 May 2015 at 02:10 AM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I've just downloaded the zip folder again and unpacked it. I did source it from ZC plugins and found where the folder had that title. I couldn't find it due to the fact I re-named it as per the instructions. right, I have renamed the folder to my secret admin name. If I can ask nicely is there a special way to upload the files that is different to what I said in my opening post? I have got in front of me a hard copy of the read me file on how to install this editor. This procedure is the same as I followed originally. As I use an FTP program (Filezilla) should I use Auto transfer instead of ASCII for this plugin?

As I am in the UK I'm going to log off now as it is 02:38 and feeling a little tired. I will resume later today to rectify my issue.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated

Plugin Contributions

I'd guess your files aren't ending up in the right places. Try this:

Copy the editors folder from the mod to the root directory of your site.

Open the admin_for_v151_thru_v160 folder from the mod and copy the includes folder therein to your renamed admin folder.

Unless you want the editor somewhere other than in the /editors folder (and I can't think of a reason you would), ignore the configure.php edit.

Works for me. I don't know about the FTP setting. Mine is always set to Binary (the FireFTP default).

Just to make sure, there is no catalog folder in Zencart, and shouldn't be.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If I can ask nicely is there a special way to upload the files that is different to what I said in my opening post? I have got in front of me a hard copy of the read me file on how to install this editor. This procedure is the same as I followed originally. As I use an FTP program (Filezilla) should I use Auto transfer instead of ASCII for this plugin?
    I always just use AUTO for FTP upload method. There's nothing special about it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On my screen the second to bottom line shows HTML Editor = None. At the top right of the screen is a drop down menu which states PLAIN TEXT. When I click on the down arrow it repeats PLAIN TEXT. There is NO option to change to HTML. Or am I missing something?
    that suggests that the /your-admin/includes/ckeditor.php file is not the right one, or the /your-admin/init_includes/init_html_editors.php file is missing or the code in it isn't able to find the editor code when trying to match up the DIR WS EDITORS directory with the name of the ckeditor files.
    Basically the code can't give you the editor in the pull down because the code can't find the editors files because something's missing in your sites files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast