Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Product Fields

I'm having the exact issue as the previous poster

Code:
    The selected field was unable to be installed due to insufficient server permissions, please contact your host.
    I have tried the suggested corrections but cannot seem to find the issue. Any help would be appreciated, I'm using 1and1 as my host, not sure where the log files are that I can use to troubleshoot. I also posted on the 3rd party's site.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Back again. Thanks to Bubbadood for trying the suggested corrections. I felt the module should work as is, so went in the direction of attempting to install Numinix Product Fields on my online website. Having installed and uninstalled so many times, it was fairly simple. The long path problem arose and I solved that by using the file directly on C:// to shorten the path, and was able to upload the "prebuilt" fields, and all fields show in the list under Catalog, Numinix Product Fields, in the Zen Cart Admin.

Although I was able to install "continental shipping" and "date added" from the menu, I am still unable to install such modules as "dimensions" and "UPC." Here are the error messages:

The Admin error shown in pink at the top of admin states:

Error The selected field was unable to be installed due
    to insufficient server permissions, please contact your host.
    This same error occurred when I experimentally tried to add the "Dimensions" field as well.

In the Zen Cart "logs" file, it states:

[25-Nov-2015 15:26:35 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect():
    (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'myusername'@'myipaddress' (using
    password: YES) in
    /var/www/virtual/m/u/storename.com/www/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php
    on line 62
    [25-Nov-2015 15:26:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 0B_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    :: SHOW TABLES LIKE 'project_version' ==> (as called by)
    /var/www/virtual/m/u/storename.com/www/myadminname/includes/init_includes/init_database.php
    on line 28 <== in
    /var/www/virtual/m/u/storename.com/www/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php
    on line 155
    Taking the message seriously to contact my ISP host, I'm not sure what question to pose to my ISP tech support. Should I ask him to lengthen the path? Is he able to change permissions on individual folders if I am not allowed to do so? Is there an Apache setting that must be changed?

I do not feel I can ask him to troubleshoot the error without giving him a clue on what needs to be done, specifically. I did pose this question to the Numinix support, and if they answer, I will post what they recommend. However, it could be days before they respond, I suspect.

I did make a complete backup before installing the NPF module, but it seems to be installed correctly and just lack some sort of permissions.

Since this error occurs both on my WAMP server at home, and on my online store, I believe that shows it is not specific to the WAMP server. But, could it be related to the fact that the prebuilt fields all have a "YOUR-ADMIN" in each which I did not rename? I believe I was told that was buried, along with each field's install.sql, as those were no longer needed to be used with this NPF module.

Thanks for any help. This installation is on a Zen Cart 1.5.4, and is the most recent NPF plugin in the plugins section.

Notageek
    Last edited by notageek; 2 Dec 2015 at 01:10 AM. Reason: adding zen cart version

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, wrong log file above. I copied my last log file thinking it would apply to the NPF permissions error, but it was not from 11/30 which is the date of the installation. There are absolutely no errors in the debug logs for 11/30. I should have taken note of that 11/25 date in the file I quoted above.

When one downloads the logs, it takes on the date of the download for all of the debug files. So the only clue to the UPC failure to become an active field goes back to the permissions error for which I need to ask my ISP support person to help, but I feel sure he will not know what type of permission the message is asking him to provide.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

On the "insufficient permissions problems, I should clarify that I did look on the file folders of the prebuilt fields and their admin permissions online were "read, write, execute." I found a website listing a number of different types of permissions, so there are too many types to know this without some guidance. It is previously stated in this thread that it is not correct to rename the "YOUR_ADMIN" in the prebuilt fields files and then use the install.sql, but this is one option that Numinix in a support ticket did mention, so I am uncertain how to implement that. I am going to try to create a field through this module and see how that goes.

Plugin Contributions

An update on the "insufficient permissions" issue. There still is no information from Numinix or my ISP on how to approach this error. Therefore, I went ahead and simply copied the UPC field, which field includes ISBN and EAN fields as well. Previously when I tried that I believe I used the wrong Install.sql. This time I used the one in the UPC prebuilt field, and it correctly inserted the requested fields.

I also made a field experimentally, and it has appeared in the products table of my phpmyadmin.

My question is: Should I be creating an install.sql for self-made fields using the Numinix Product Fields capability to make my own fields? I have a number of additional fields I need to add. I will also be hand-installing the dimensions field which is not installing automatically due to the "insufficient permissions" error.

I just want to say that this is an awesome plugin, as I have made fields for Easypopulate by hand in the past, and this is working well for adding the extra fields, even though I have not yet tried to make an install.sql file to insert into the phymyadmin. My new field is working without the install.sql I have not yet made, and it shows up in the product admin and in the phpmyadmin products table.

So thanks to Numinix and Bislewl for the tremendous work on this plugin. It is really incredible. I looked at the Tools, Developers' toolkit for the Description 2 and it is astounding how complex that field is in terms of appearing all over the coding for the Zen Cart.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I'll be trying to figure this out, but in case someone knows this: I want to show "First Published" as the language for "Date Added," using the NPF capability to change the date added. I am hoping this will be just one place where this language will show, and am hoping it will be in maybe the tpl_product_info_default.php which is mentioned at post #19 of this thread.

Does someone have knowledge of where to place this language so the customer will know it refers to the date the item was first published? After experimenting, I will post the answer, if I am able to get that far.

Thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, So far a small success from looking at this thread, http://https://www.zen-cart.com/show...ld#post1249892, is that the following steps will make the self-added products below the Numinix-defined products be added into EasyPopulate4:

Go to Configuration, EasyPopulate4, and place the fields you defined into the "user defined fields" option in a comma-separated string. The fields then show up in EasyPopulate4, in the order in which you enter the string, without having provided an install.sql file. The names must be the same as entered. The fields can be seen in the phpmyadmin products table.

So, it appears that, as long as the only table you need is the products table from which EasyPopulate draws, it's straightforward to add those fields then to EasyPopulate. This also goes for the fields you added from the prebuilt Numinex fields.

I found that, looking for a spot to place the field so the customer could see it, in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php, was not so straightforward. I think the instructions were to find a spot and type this into the .php file:

echo: zen_products_lookup((int)$_GET['pID], 'air_mail')
    where "air_mail" is the field you want to insert for the customer to see. Before doing that, I believe the instructions are to go to the Developer's Toolkit, and lookup "air_mail" and see if it occurs in $products_id, 'air_mail'.

I tried to add "subtitle" and the lookup revealed the following locations:

C:/wamp/www/mystore/includes/templates/tableau/templates/tpl_modules_contact_us_popup.php

Line #5 : <h3><?php echo HEADING_CONTACT_US_POPUP_SUBTITLE; ?></h3>

C:\wamp\www\mystore\mysecretadmin/includes/languages/english/npf_definitions/subtitle.php

Line #13 : define('TEXT_SUBTITLE', 'Subtitle: ');

C:\wamp\www\mystore\mysecretadmin/includes/npf_includes/npf_sql/subtitle.php

Line #13 : $parameters['subtitle'] = '';

Line #14 : $npf_fields .= ', p.subtitle';

C:\wamp\www\mystore\mysecretadmin/includes/npf_includes/npf_sql_array/subtitle.php

Line #13 : if(isset($_POST['subtitle']) && $_POST['subtitle'] != ''){

Line #14 : $sql_data_array['subtitle'] = zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['subtitle']);

C:\wamp\www\mystore\mysecretadmin/includes/npf_includes/npf_templates/subtitle.php

Line #5 : <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_SUBTITLE; ?></td>

Line #6 : <td class="main"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('subtitle',($pInfo->subtitle),zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS, 'subtitle')); ?></td>
    Could someone explain what this tells me in regard to where I would place the "subtitle" so that it would show up to the customer as well as in the admin section of the cart and in EasyPopulate4?

(Please note that the WAMP server uses a backslash, and the windows part of the strings above uses the forward slash, and that would not occur on a Linux server online, if I am not mistaken, so it's a bit out of whack in my WAMP-derived example.)

Lastly, I did not make an install.sql file, but here are two examples from the Numinix Product Fields install.sql files for adding MSRP and EAN:

MSRP mysql
    ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_msrp` VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `products_price`;

EAN
    ALTER TABLE products ADD products_ean varchar(32) NULL default NULL after products_isbn
    So, by that install sql one can alter the field lengths, and also identify where the placement of the field would be in the products table in PHPMYADMIN, and I would like to know if such install.sql statements would add anything to the fields I have added, or if perhaps I do not need to do the install.sql because the field is already added, seemingly, without the need for the install.sql.

Thanks for any help with this. These are just cloudy areas that I am still trying to get straight in my mind.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    In response to the SQL question, if you already added a field to your database, then trying to run the line
    ALTER ...ADD ( your field) would fail, because you already put that field into your database. If you want to change the length of the field added or something else, you could run an UPDATE command, or use phpMyadmin again to change your field.

Remember though, if you already put data into that field, altering it could cause the data to change. In addition, always backup your database before making any changes.

Hope this helps.

L

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Iruskauff. That makes perfect sense.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Hi. Still looking for help adding a field to the customer side of Zen Cart, which I successfully added to the admin side/Easy Populate 4 side.

In trying to add a field for "Pages" (number of pages in a book), I used the UPC field as an example, and substituted the word "Pages" every time I saw "UPC."

I copied the UPC file in the Tableau template's two files containing the UPC code, which I located using the Developer's Toolkit, but that did not work. The "pages" field does appear in my phpmyadmin, products table, and is turned on in Easy Populate, User Defined Fields.

The "pages" field does not appear in the catalog, product types, edit layout menu, where other Numinix Product Fields appear and can be turned on and off with a 1 or a 0, and maybe that is the key.

The files I changed with no effect were the following:

C:/wamp/www/mystore/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/numinix_product_fields.php

Line #18 : define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_UPC', 'UPC: '); (NO EFFECT)
    ---
    2b. C:/wamp/www/mytore/includes/templates/ tableau_1_6_6 /product_info/extra_main_template_vars/numinix_product_fields.php

Line #17 : if (SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_UPC == 1 || SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_ISBN == 1) { $npf_attributes .= ', p.products_upc, p.products_isbn'; $flag_show_product_info_upc = 1; $flag_show_product_info_isbn = 1; } NO EFFECT

Line #43 : $products_upc = $products->fields['products_upc']; NO EFFECT
    ---
    3b. C:/wamp/www/mystore/includes/templates/ tableau_1_6_6/ templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Line #101 : <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_upc == 1 and $products_upc != '') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_UPC . $products_upc . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?> NO EFFECT
    There were 9 Numinix Product Fields php files and 4 Easy Populate 4 php files that also contained code for UPC, which I did not alter.

Just registering this as history, I guess; people on the forum say this is simple, but it's actually something for which non-coders would need a definite example. I suppose examples go out of date with version changes.

Notageek
    Last edited by notageek; 4 Jan 2016 at 05:51 AM. Reason: clarification

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast