Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping by Category and / or manufacturer

This has probably already been answered, buy I've been searching through the forums and now my mind is a fog so I might have missed it. I am new to zen cart, having never used it before. I am working on a site that has multiple categories and multiple manufacturers. I would like to know if there is a way to set up my shipping is adjusted per category and / or per manufacurer. For instance. I sell golf shoes by different manufacturers that have a drop ship fee associated with them. Can I set up my shipping so that my category for golf shoes charges $17.00 for a drop ship fee or so that I can add a drop ship fee for a particular manufacturer. The majority of my categories have a flat rate shipping fee. Am I making sense?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping by Category and / or manufacturer

Are you currently using the Flat Rate flat shipping module?

Do you just need to add the additional Drop Ship charge for 1 manufacturers or multiple manufacturers?

If multiple manufacturers, is this the same Drop Ship charge?

Is the Drop Ship charge a one time charge if 1 or more products from the manufacturer are in the cart? Or, is it a Drop Ship charge per quantity for the products in the cart?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I do have the flat rate shipping module activated as it is needed for the rest of the site. Right now I only need to add the drop ship charge to a couple of different categories, the drop ship charges are different for each of these categories (golf shoes, Golf Bags). Golf Shoes is $17.00 drop ship charge and Golf Bags are $20.00 Drop Ship Charge per bag

Plugin Contributions

You said:
    Code:
    Golf Shoes is $17.00 drop ship charge and Golf Bags are $20.00 Drop Ship Charge per bag
    Does that mean if I order 10 Golf Shoes you only charge $17.00 or do you charge 10 x $17.00 = $170 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

sorry for the delay. The owner says just one fee. She said it's highly unlikely that someone would buy more than one. So what I need to know is if there is a way to charge a $17.00 shipping charge for just golf shoes and a $20 shipping charge for Golf Bags (the golf bags category also has headcovers in it so I can't do it by category ID, unless I make a sub category). I'd like the easiest way possible as I'm not very good at coding (if it is something that I will have to do coding for). Thank you for any help you can give me.

Plugin Contributions

If you had the Golf Shoes in a separate Category and the Golf Bags in a separate Category and everything else that is not in those two categories are charged the Flat Rate, then you can have the code count how many Golf Bags and Gold Shoes are in the cart ...

If you only want to add to the Flat Rate shipping a one time extra charge of of $17.00 if there are 1 or more Golf Shoes in the cart and a one time extra charge of $20.00 if there are 1 or more Golf Bags in the shopping cart, then that can be added on to the Flat Rate Charge ...

The Flat Rate charge can also be adjusted to remove the Flat Rate charge if the only thing in the shopping cart are the Golf Shoes and Gold Bags and nothing requiring the Flat Rate charge ...

You can also make a separate Category for the headcovers which would be those products master_categories_id and then Link them to the Golf Bags category so while they show in the Golf Bags category, as they do now, they would not count as Golf Bags when the shipping it calculated ...
    Linda McGrath