Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot login using Superuser accounts

Apologies for yet another Admin login post :)

I cannot login to my store backend (v1.5.1) using the Superuser account, I get the message "You entered the wrong username or password". I can login using a ShopAdmin account with no problems. If I try the password reset link, I do not receive the email, although I know transaction emails have been recently sent from the site.

I have been through the various 'Admin cannot login' posts and have done the following:

- I have tried various browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) and cache clearing, etc.

- I have tried creating a temporary Admin account (via PHPMyAdmin) but also get "You entered the wrong username or password" when I try to login with that.

- I have tried manually resetting my Superuser password using information from a database backup but still get the wrong username/password message.

- I have tried dropping the whole admin table and recreating, but no change.

- I have tried setting the ShopAdmin account to admin_profile 1 thinking I could maybe control the accounts internally but it is not reflected when I login, the access remains as a ShopAdmin.

- I have cleared the admin_activity_log table manually via PHPMyAdmin.

- The cache table is empty

I have looked for logs both in the site files and in the hosting CPanel but nothing appears to be being logged, do I need to enable this somewhere?

I have been able to login in the past using the Superuser account. If there are any config files that I need to post, I can do so, please let me know. I am not using SSL on the admin side. Apache version is 2.4.10, PHP is 5.4.36, MySQL is 5.5.40-cll.

I spent more than a few hours on this last night researching but appear to have come to a dead end. Would appreciate any help or pointers on what to try next, thanks.
    Last edited by alexky; 19 May 2015 at 07:35 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot login using Superuser accounts

Ok couple things...

You could be locked out from too many failed attempts.

Also have you tried copying the password that you know what it is into another profile, using phpMyAdmin?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks bislewl, I tried your suggestion of the copy password thing using the password from the ShopAdmin account (that I can log in with) but still the same. I don't think lockouts are the problem as I get the same for the newly created temporary Admin account - wrong username or password.

It seems it's only Superuser accounts that are affected, and attempting to change the ShopAdmin account to a Superuser in PHPMyAdmin doesn't make any difference (assuming I'm doing it correctly), makes me wonder if my files have been compromised. I think my next step has to be a system file comparison.

Thanks again for your help.

Plugin Contributions

You've mentioned looking at a number of the database tables and have been focussing on the admin users, but what information is in your admin_profiles table? Does it have the super user as a 1 or 0? I have seen that after upgrade from some users older systems that the superuser account becomes/remains zero and that doesn't work favorably.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...