Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon URI shows Zen Id for the first use ?

I've got the Ceon URI manager working well but just realized that when you pull up my website for the first time, it shows a zen id on all of the links (for example http://mywebsite.com/contemporary?ze...eef299055123e4) But after you click on a link (any link) the zen id's go away and only the new url's are displayed. What I'm concerned about is SEO.... if the search engine robots are scanning my site, are they also seeing the zen id string ? And if so, is there anything that can be done about this ? (my website is cheap sheet music dot com. Thx for any input.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI shows Zen Id for the first use ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    I ... just realized that when you pull up my website for the first time, it shows a zen id on all of the links ...
    This is intentional behavior and is not related to CEON URI.

"zenid" identifies the user's session (shopping cart, login, etc). By default, when a cookie is not present (to tell the server which session to use) Zen Cart will add the session id to the URL. At the first request, the cookie will not already be present (so is added to the URL).

By default, Zen Cart does NOT create sessions for known Search Engines (spiders). So they will never see "zenid" unless the setting has been changed in the Zen Cart admin (Configuration -> Sessions).

It appears your site is set to the Zen Cart defaults (a quick check using http://web-sniffer.net/ with the useragent set to Googlebot shows no "zenid" in the URLs).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI shows Zen Id for the first use ?

Wow, that's what I call clear & concise response! Also, thx for the web-sniffer.net link... pretty cool Regards, Mitch