Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't complete checkout. Sign in page returns.

There is so much to contend with in providing resolution if some hasn't already been provided privately. Perhaps it is because it is so "rare", but ZC 1.5.3 isn't even reported as possibly working with PHP 5.2.11 with the lowest supported version identified as 5.2.14 (http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...o-run-zen-cart). But then again it may just be that a copy of php 5.2.11 or below wasn't available to test that far back.

Then there is the uri rewriter simply seo URLs, which hasn't been "publicly" updated to remain functional under the newer requirements. And lastly and not entirely sure why, there is whatever the russian language pack does to ZC.

The message received is/was a warning. Warnings do not stop program flow.

Suggestion would be to rebuild a temp site adding each of those programs one at a time, testing along the way until the problem is recreated at which time at least some useful information is gained. Of course should also be able to turn off all of the plugins and switch to the classic template and verify functionality to begin with.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you temporarily disable the "Simple SEO URLs"? Does the issue remain?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What happens if you temporarily disable the "Simple SEO URLs"? Does the issue remain?
    It seems that this module cause the problem. I had to reinstall the whole site, added this module and problem appeared again. Disabled it but still the same.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by auctionsbay View Post
    It seems that this module cause the problem. I had to reinstall the whole site, added this module and problem appeared again. Disabled it but still the same.
    Disabling is a lot different from uninstalling. I suspect there is still a file there that causes the probs.
    What errors in the log files with the new setup?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Disabling is a lot different from uninstalling. I suspect there is still a file there that causes the probs.
    What errors in the log files with the new setup?
    I had to reinstall because disabling had has eliminated problem. Installed Ultimate SEO URL after with the same effect. The module installed correctly but the whole site crashed after I was trying to add categories.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by auctionsbay View Post
    In spite of many arguments and discussions I have been informed on numerous occasions that 3rd party SEO modules don't cause any problems, therefore you must be mistaken about this too. ;-)

You won't catch me dead using these things on any of the sites I maintain though, and the few clients we've had that insist on having them installed have been politely told to find another host.

I have nothing more to say on this topic, in this thread, at this time. My opinions on this are well known and well documented elsewhere in these forums.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

...Couldn't find constant BOX_HEADING_ADMIN_ACCESS...
    This indicates your language pack is not complete, the upload was corrupted, or the languge pack is not compatible with the version of Zen Cart you have installed. You will need to compare the language pack with the english language files (included with Zen Cart) to determine what is missing.

Any reason you are installing Zen Cart 1.5.3 instead of the latest version (1.5.4)? Newer versions contain bugfixes, security inprovements, and other enhancements... You will also need to have your hosting provider upgrade PHP to a newer version as well (PHP 5.2 is no longer supported, there are serious security implications to running EOL versions, and obsolete versions of PHP are not fully compatible with current versions of Zen Cart)....

Before installing a different alternative URL module, did you ensure you had completely removed the previous one (including all modifications to files and the database)?

Where did you obtain your copy of "Ultimate SEO URLs" from? What version (as the most recent version no longer contains the word SEO)? Are you using SHARED SSL (it is fairly well documented not to use SHARED SSL with alternative URL plugins - and dedicated certificates are inexpensive)?

What do you mean when you say "crashed"? Did your webserver drive into the wall? Stop responding? Run out of caffeine?

Are there any debug logs? If so what are the contents of the debug logs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12