Plugin Contributions

help question Changing options in Config - will not save changes

Hello,

I'm using v1.5.0. I am trying to change some values in the Configuration menu, specifically under Stock, but after I change the value of certain line items, my selection disappears and it becomes blank again.

My end goal is that when products sell out, they do not go inactive. I would like them to stay active, but display Out of Stock, and not be able to be ordered.

To do that, I am in the Configuration->Stock area. Below are my current selections. I have bolded the specific line items that do not seem to save when I make a change. (Ie If I change Check stock level to True, then click update, it appears shows up as True. However, as soon as I click another line, Check Stock Level goes back to blank under Value).

Stock
    Title Value Action
    Check stock level Info
    Subtract stock true Info
    Allow Checkout false Info
    Mark product out of stock Out Of Stock Info
    Stock Re-order level Info
    Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to Info
    Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart
    Product Quantity Decimals 0 Info
    Show Shopping Cart - Delete Checkboxes or Delete Button 3 Info
    Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location 3 Info
    Show New Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 1 Info
    Show Featured Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 2 Info
    Show Special Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 3 Info
    Show Upcoming Products on empty Shopping Cart Page 4 Info
    Show Notice of Combining Shopping Cart on Login 1 Info

Can you please explain how I can sort this out?

Thanks
    Dan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing options in Config - will not save changes

Best place to start is by providing all of the information requested in the posting tips that appear above the message box area when selecting reply (or reply with quote).

This is something expected for each such post to request assistance.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Best place to start is by providing all of the information requested in the posting tips that appear above the message box area when selecting reply (or reply with quote).

This is something expected for each such post to request assistance.

What version of Zen Cart are you using? - v1.5.0
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)? - dont know
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?) - don't know
    What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using? - none
    If your problems are language-pack related (non-English), have you checked that all the language files are loaded and correct? - n/a
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily)) - don't know
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info) -PHP Version 5.4.38, MySQL 5.5.42-37.1
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc? - It started being a problem when I tried to change it.
    Please post the contents of related "debug logs" generated by Zen Cart (wrap the content in
    Code:
     and
    tags please!). - n/a
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live? - yes
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install? - don't know
    Please post your site URL* so we can take a look at it. This is especially important if you're encountering display/layout problems, so the problem can be seen directly. - kitshop.ppcli.com
    If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL). - n/a
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc) - yes
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking? - yes

Here is all the info from the posting tips. I didn't think I had much else to offer outside of my original post, but if this helps then I am happy to provide it. I unfortunately was not around for the install of the site, I am simply taking over from the previous employee and trying my best to wade through all of the information.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

It does help to move forward, but not sure if the first issue seen is directly related or not. The PHP version is outside the bounds of the ZC version installed. See the server requirements identified on the home page of this site: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...o-run-zen-cart

The next issue to contend with is level of knowledge/capability to upgrade the site based on the information otherwise provided above. Ie, not knowing how the site differs from a vanilla install of ZC. It also calls to question the knowledge of knowing that no plugins have been installed. I haven't yet visited the site to identify what template is supposedly installed, but the template or a plugin could be preventing the modification of that setting.

Any other setting(s) also responding the same?

How to upgrade: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...