Plugin Contributions

Default Had to move a site and upgrade, but now I just can't get logged in, etc.

I have had to move from one server to another AND upgrade at the same time. Now I can't log in.

The website is www.wyomingtraders.com/shop.
    It is asking me to run zc_install.
    I have double and triple checked the configure.php to make sure I have the right server information, etc.
    It comes up with this window—authentication required.
    http://screencast.com/t/y69Q4YQVIy

I am puzzled. I have reset the Admin password, but that is not working. I thought maybe it was the database login and password. Still doesn't work.
    What am I missing.

This site is supposed to be live, so I need to move on this as quickly as possible.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Had to move a site and upgrade, but now I just can't get logged in, etc.

Your file paths within your includes/configure.php are incorrect for the path of the store on this site.

Additional *IMPORTANT* Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set

Check your cPanel path information and then follow the sample instructions in the includes/configure.php file. Otherwise can post here, but obscure sensitive information such as your database password.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Had to move a site and upgrade, but now I just can't get logged in, etc.

Also, this is exactly why it is suggested not to do both at the same time... It my be a simple fix, but there are several things at play now instead of just the upgrade or the move, now there is both.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you mc. The main site had been hacked and re-hacked. We had to get it moved. I did not want to do both at the same time, but I had to.

Anyway. I'm pretty savvy with technical stuff, but a little less familiar with the zencart environment. I hope that you can be around to answer additional questions. I'll double check to make sure that all of the connections and paths are correct.

I checked the configuration.php file in the includes folder and did realize I had changed the final path location but had failed to change the machine path location. I did that and got the same error.

But, I decided to drop the database and all of the content and re-load all of my original content from my backups. This will allow me to just get everything live WITHOUT doing the upgrade. MC. I hope you will keep an eye out for my updates. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Basically now that I have written to the thread, unless I specifically choose to drop it, I receive notification in ccordance with the process established.

Realize somewhat in a hurry, but for information, the "includes/configuration.php" file isincorrect. This should be includes/configure.php (and later the admin/includes/configure.php should have similar changes)

Even with restoring the files from the previous location, there is still possibly issues associated if these were the specific files from the live store as if hacked before, then possible there remains modified files to possibly led toit again. :/

More to see and I'll reread the above again to ensure I understand the current situation. Don't be surprised to receive boundless help from others as well. :) Pretty helpful community.:)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc and any others.

I cleared all files and dropped the database and restored again from the original.

I checked the configure.php in both the shopping cart folder and the admin folder. (I am using a differently named admin folder.) I found that I had failed to update the full filepath to the server. So, I did that and now the front end is now loading and I am able to log in.

However, I am still not able to log into the admin folder. I did update the admin/includes/configure.php with the same server path. I also made sure that the database connections were copied from the configure.php.

Question. In the admin configure.php, when setting define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', Should this be identical to the catalog or should this be a path to the admin folder?

In this line define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/'); where is __FILE__ configured?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amackley View Post
    Thanks mc and any others.

I cleared all files and dropped the database and restored again from the original.

I checked the configure.php in both the shopping cart folder and the admin folder. (I am using a differently named admin folder.) I found that I had failed to update the full filepath to the server. So, I did that and now the front end is now loading and I am able to log in.

However, I am still not able to log into the admin folder. I did update the admin/includes/configure.php with the same server path. I also made sure that the database connections were copied from the configure.php.

Question. In the admin configure.php, when setting define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', Should this be identical to the catalog or should this be a path to the admin folder?

In this line define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/'); where is __FILE__ configured?
    DIR_FS_CATALOG should be the same as is defined in the store's includes/configure.php file (that is now in a subdrectory as compared to your previous store.)
    __FILE__ is basically a server define. It basically means to look at the path of the file that is calling it and provide that information to the define, so that basically one never has to enter the value of the admin directory, it is automatically determined. This allows renaming the admin directory without having to make file changes...

As to not being able to login to the admin, need to provide more information... PHP version differences between the old store and the current store, what is the issue (do not provide your admin directory in any of this), are there log errors, what's going on?

When you say restoring from original, do you mean that you uploaded a vanilla version of ZC, or the files that you had downloaded from your previously attacked site? Have you traced down why it is/how it was attacked? What did they change? What from that issue remains?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the explanation about Dir_FS_CATALOG.

To be more clear. Zencart was not hacked. My main website was hacked. Zencart was not touched.

PHP versions are the same: PHP Version 5.3.20

When I browse (in chrome) to the admin folder, I get this screen:
    http://screencast.com/t/VNwBkRzDvoL

That is what I was getting when I had the wrong information in the main configure.php.

When I say I restored, I restored from my backup that was working on the previous server. That means I am using the same configure.php files, although I have updated the paths and the new database connections.

I have copied these lines from the main configure.php file to the admin configure.php file. I verified that all login information is correct, and I have used that login information to connect to phpmyadmin. (Obviously I am putting in bogus connection information.)

define('DB_SERVER', 'theserverpath');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'theusername');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'thepassword');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'thedatabasename');

I also checked that this line is identical in the two configure.php files:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'the/path/to/my/server');

Plugin Contributions

The admin site is now working. I can't think of anything I changed since the last update. Maybe the site cache was pulling old information. Anyway, after getting the file paths correctly updated, the shopping cart is now functional.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amackley View Post
    The admin site is now working. I can't think of anything I changed since the last update. Maybe the site cache was pulling old information. Anyway, after getting the file paths correctly updated, the shopping cart is now functional.
    Good, now hopefully it is in it's new location and has been upgraded, as it appears that a step back was taken somewhere in all of this. :)