Plugin Contributions

Default Search Box Help and More

In the process of changing templates and could use some help with a few things.

In Chrome and IE, the search box in the header is located just to the left of center, when it should be on the right, as it appears in Firefox.

In Chrome, there is a gap in the Categories sidebox between two sub-categories (Shower Gel & Soap and New Products). I can't eliminate that gap.

The last issue is not being able to create a hover in the Manufacturers drop down menu, which is the top item in the left column. This menu also seems to be too narrow to accommodate long names, yet it does look perfect in other screen resolutions...just not mine.

Whoever is taking the time to look this over, please advise how you are viewing the site - desktop or other, and your current screen resolution. I view it in a desktop with 1024 x 768 and I have to make many adjustments in View and Text size in order to view this website in a comfortable way regarding font size. Then I have to make additional adjustments based on browser. It just seems geared to a more popular screen resolution than the old school res I favor. Still, I thought the whole point of a responsive template was equal viewing.

Thanks for taking your time to help me.

http://storetest.designerperfumesnob.com/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Search Box Help and More

Isn't there one person from this community that can speak to any of these issues?

Thank you~

Plugin Contributions

You have better chance if you ask your question in the appropriate template topic

Plugin Contributions

The header search box is in the same place here in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Generally, dropdowns don't sport hover effects, but if you search the Web for dropdown hover there are some suggestions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    You have better chance if you ask your question in the appropriate template topic
    Sorry, thought this was an acceptable location because my questions fell under templates, stylesheets, layout.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traytray View Post
    Sorry, thought this was an acceptable location because my questions fell under templates, stylesheets, layout.
    It's not bad, but I thought the support thread would give you better response

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traytray View Post
    In the process of changing templates and could use some help with a few things.

In Chrome and IE, the search box in the header is located just to the left of center, when it should be on the right, as it appears in Firefox.

In Chrome, there is a gap in the Categories sidebox between two sub-categories (Shower Gel & Soap and New Products). I can't eliminate that gap.

The last issue is not being able to create a hover in the Manufacturers drop down menu, which is the top item in the left column. This menu also seems to be too narrow to accommodate long names, yet it does look perfect in other screen resolutions...just not mine.

Whoever is taking the time to look this over, please advise how you are viewing the site - desktop or other, and your current screen resolution. I view it in a desktop with 1024 x 768 and I have to make many adjustments in View and Text size in order to view this website in a comfortable way regarding font size. Then I have to make additional adjustments based on browser. It just seems geared to a more popular screen resolution than the old school res I favor. Still, I thought the whole point of a responsive template was equal viewing.

Thanks for taking your time to help me.

http://storetest.designerperfumesnob.com/
    FF HD - search box just left of centre.

Your #navMainWrapper has a width of 50%, try 100%.