Plugin Contributions

Default ALT tags problem and removing view larger

Now if someone could tell me why the alt tags do not appear in Chrome nor Firefox when hovered over, anymore.

The ones that I have hand entered (for the logo, a center image and the payments image) I had to add a title="then whatever the alt tag was" to make it work. All the next/prev from the page do not show the alt tag when hovered and yes they are located in the languages/english/custom/button_names.php

About view larger.
    The link is gone but the image is still able to be clicked on for the little image to grow. How to turn that off or where to edit for the image not to have that ability.

this is a responsive template

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALT tags problem and removing view larger

I would run the affected page(s) through html validation to see what is up. Didn't say when this began happening. Was the template working properly then suddenly now doesn't? Or was this working properly with a different template and now that this one was installed it doesn't work?
    Oh, and to make it easier on others to provide you more than just some educated guesses/good practices, how about providing a link to the site particularly where this issue is occuring and while at it, the other info requested in the posting tips.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I will try that.

Yes the template was working prior to this in fact, it was working all month long that I have been working on it. The issue just happened sometime yesterday.

I even reuploaded fresh files to the over-rides folders and edited again. This happened with the site map last week and a few other things losing the formatting, but I redid the stylesheet from scratch and found that I had accidently done a few edits 2 times, once getting rid of the duplicates brought things back.

I just did not want to do the file thing again...LOL

I knew I forgot something....the link, sorry I have been here longer than a few hours and even tell others to do the same.

Here is the test store:

http://storetest.designerperfumesnob.com/

You can see some of the things hover with alts but not the category navigation buttons prev/index/next. you will also see the other things too.

Thank you for reminding me about the link.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; 1 Jun 2015 at 04:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Now if someone could tell me why the alt tags do not appear in Chrome nor Firefox when hovered over, anymore.
    Did they ever????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [FONT=Verdana]Sounds like you've spent too much time in the company of IE, and so have misunderstood how the two attributes aresupposed to work...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]The alt attribute should be shown in place of the image, any time the image isn't available (eg text only browser, user has turned images off, image not found or not yet loaded). The title attribute should be shown as a tooltip on :hover for any browsers that support that functionality. You may in some cases decide that you want to use the same text for both, or you may decide to have different text, it depends on the situation and the image.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Unfortunately, because for years IE has incorrectly shown the alt text as a tooltip on :hover if there's no title attribute given, a lot of people have assumed that's what is supposed to happen. It isn't. Only the title should ever be shown as a tooltip on :hover (and you can likewise put a title on any element to get a tooltip).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

REF: http://community.sitepoint.com/t/tit...of-alt/14776/2

[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

but....but....but I want the alt tag for the images, not text.

granted the buttons are css buttons and not uploaded images but like the product index navigation prev/product list/next, those do not have an alt tag when hovered over...any other place like images such as the logo and that fragrance one midpage and free shipping, in order to see the alt when hovered over I had to add the title tag and alt tag.

not sure if this is in all browsers but it sure is in FF and Safari those in particular do not hover an alt tag....is that because they are css buttons and why the return to product list does not show the name I want it to show? Is that also something to look for in the defines or english file?

This is happening on both PC and Mac and yes the owner was an avid IE fan and kept zooming in and out finding things wrong.

Is there a way in stylesheet to have the alt and/or title appear on hover.