Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Managing Options and Attributes

I have been trying to find a way to make it easier for having similar products with different variants. Unfortunately the variant module that was being worked on has been abandoned since the creator of it died. I can get somewhere close to what I want it to end up like using options and attributes but it still is a huge task to do so. I had a thought on how this could be made easier was to create an option group (category) that certain options can be grouped together and easier to find when applying the attributes to a product. It is easy to get lost in what each option has when the carry the same name.
    A second thought occurred to me that if I could add multiple options as one attribute, it would make it easier to get the results I'm looking for.

While I'm not an efficient programmer in the respect of writing code from scratch, I have gotten pretty efficient at manipulating code to achieve what I want. I would write this myself and add it as a module for everyone to use, but I'm not even sure where to start to figure this out. Where can I find a book or document that helps to explain how zen cart is programmed and how it functions so I can begin working this? Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Managing Options and Attributes

I use Products' Options' Stock Manager for zen cart. Job done.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Managing Options and Attributes

There is also Stock By Attributes. Discussed here:https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....r-v1-3-5-1-3-9

But available from https://github.com/potteryhouse and then selecting the version applicable to your cart. SBA 1.5.3 is for ZC 1.5.1. SBA 1.5.4 is for ZC 1.5.3 and 1.5.4.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...