Plugin Contributions

Default Ajax error when processing credit card

I recently upgraded to 1.5.4 from 1.5.1.

I forgot to test credit card payments before I went live (I did test paypal). Unfortunately it isnt working. When (as a customer) I hit the continue button to confirm my order, I get:

An unknown response null: :text/html; charset=utf-8: :SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 4 column 1 of the JSON data was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed.

I am not sure where to look. I use the Authorize.net (AIM) module.

Any help would be great.

Linda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ajax error when processing credit card

Update: If I put Authorize.net(AIM) into testing mode and use one of the acceptable cc numbers given, there is no error.
    If I put Authorize.net(AIM) into testing mode and use a made up number, there is no error.
    I am trying to determine how far the program makes it before giving it that error.

If I put in a real number in production mode and use one of my credit cards (but it doesn't match test user) it goes thru and comes back with the appropriate error from authorize that it couldn't be process.

Does zencart do any pre-processing of these numbers before it goes to authorize.net? Like maybe count the number of numbers???
    Last edited by lruskauff; 3 Jun 2015 at 04:34 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    Update: If I put Authorize.net(AIM) into testing mode and use one of the acceptable cc numbers given, there is no error.
    If I put Authorize.net(AIM) into testing mode and use a made up number, there is no error.
    I am trying to determine how far the program makes it before giving it that error.

If I put in a real number in production mode and use one of my credit cards (but it doesn't match test user) it goes thru and comes back with the appropriate error from authorize that it couldn't be process.

Does zencart do any pre-processing of these numbers before it goes to authorize.net? Like maybe count the number of numbers???
    I'm getting the same error if I or a customer mis-types in their CC number incorrectly

Plugin Contributions

I forgot the I posted this here. I contacted my template developer and she had me move one of my php files. What template are you using? Also, what is your site? I have to go hunt down my email to see if I can find which file I move :)

Plugin Contributions

Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0

Plugin Contributions

If you switch your template back to the default template, you can test to see whether it is in the template or not. If it is I would check the Responsive Sheffield Blue forum. I searched my email but unfortunately I don't have it. I was having outlook problems and lost a lot of old email. You might want to post there too because I think Anne checks it more often.

Linda