Plugin Contributions

help question Manufacturers scroll in header - can anybody help me?

Hi, I am currently working on a website using picaflor-azul's westminster_new template. I want to add the manufacturer's scroll in the header at the top (where they placed the currencies and languages). I tried asking at the template's support thread however I was told that they couldn't help me with this.
    I also searched the forum and all I could find was this thread: the thread

I tried following these instructions with no success (the first instructions showing - I didn't really understand what mikeel100 meant and there was a lot of code there which could become a big mess removing if it doesn't work out). The only changes I did to what is written is that I made the changes under the file name manufacturers_header.php and added a file named tpl_manufacturers_header.php identical to tpl_manufacturers_select.php so I wouldn't be writing onto the original files nor calling on to them in order to minimize confusion.

However everything I did I couldn't get it to work and when ever I added the line
    PHP Code:
    <?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES 'sideboxes/manufacturers.php'); ?>
    in tpl_header.php in the same area with similar lines for the currencies and languages the whole page below the header was wiped out although I couldn't find any open statements.

Or in short - I would like to put a manufacturers scroll in my header, does anyone here know how to do this?

Thanks, Sapir

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufacturers scroll in header - can anybody help me?

Another way would be to use absolute positioning of that sidebox in the stylesheet, something like:

#manufacturers {position: absolute; top:0; right:400px;}

You'll need to fiddle with the top and right numbers to place it where you want it, and do something about the sidebox header.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufacturers scroll in header - can anybody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Another way would be to use absolute positioning of that sidebox in the stylesheet, something like:

#manufacturers {position: absolute; top:0; right:400px;}

You'll need to fiddle with the top and right numbers to place it where you want it, and do something about the sidebox header.
    Hi Stevesh thank for your reply. I don't want to do this for 2 reasons:
    1. I don't want to get rid of the sidebox on the side since it is just as useful.
    2. I did consider it however when I tried doing so with other elements in this template (on another site) I discovered not everything can be moved everywhere and since this is a responsive template it causes problems when playing with the size of the screen. Also this template is made so that no sideboxes would be shown on the main page which would probably become quite a hassle as well - not sure if changing the status in the admin would help.