Plugin Contributions

Default not Respecting Context of a Link to a Category/Product page using CEON URI MAPPING

Sorry about the green

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: not Respecting Context of a Link to a Category/Product page using CEON URI MAPPIN

I'm sorry but I don't see my message so I'm going to type it again:

This part of CEON URI Mapping isn't working:

Respects Context of a Link to a Category/Product page

The module retains Zen Cart's category history when linking to a subcategory of another category or a linked product which is not within its “master” category, so the full path back through any parent categories is available. (Without this feature all categories being mapped to by a URI mapping would appear as if their only parent category was the root of the store and linked products would always show as belonging to their “master” category, which is not necessarily the category the customer has accessed the product from).

Sorry but I wasn't quite sure how to describe my error. I have Zencart 1.5.4 and just installed the URI Mapping 4.5. When I run the Ceon URI Mapping Installation Check, the only errors I get refer to the music files (which I don't use so I didn't install).

I first edited my level one categories and tested them. They all seem to work just fine. I then did some level 2 categories and they are just fine. It is when I edited my first linked product that it doesn't seem to be working.

I viewed my product in category:apparel. The product is: chambray interweave royal. I expected a URL like:

"https://www.thestitchsanctuary.com/shop/apparel-fabric/iinterweave-royal"

but got:

"https://www.thestitchsanctuary.com/shop/Quilt-Cottons/Blenders-Tonals/Interweave-Chambray-Royal?cPath=408&"

because the master category is blenders-tonals.

If I understand the above, it should change depending upon where it is viewed. Any idea on where I should look for my mistake?

I've been reading the Forums but so far don't see this mentioned. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: not Respecting Context of a Link to a Category/Product page using CEON URI MAPPIN

It is working as designed/expected. In order for the links to not appear to a search engine as if two links point to the same product and therefore look like trying to fool the SE, a single link is created with modifications to a tag to indicate that the product is the same as another on the site. That said, ZC is to respond (content on screen) as if a member of the non-master category.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. So my error in in not understanding that context. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Lind