Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: troubleshoot help - same code on different site behaves differently

Quote Originally Posted by joecooper View Post
    Would you like me to test with any other browsers?
    Nope. None for me, thanks. :) In my experience IE seems to be the one hardest to get to thus requiring the routine use of F12, while others seem to make it a click away. Thanks for the lesson.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joecooper View Post
    Well this method will work for at least 93.5% of people, since it works on all common browsers, I think that's a chance worth taking.
    That's a very handy tip to know actually.

When I'm using anything other than my regular browsers I often find myself navigating the menus to find this function. I've no idea why after all these years this has suddenly become 'news' to me, but it really is.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Can we please now concentrate on MY problem!

The above to be taken with humor, as seriously the f12 discussion doesn't bother me, and I always appreciate the efforts of you people.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    Can we please now concentrate on MY problem!
    Nah. It seems like too much work. <g>

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    The above to be taken with humor, as seriously the f12 discussion doesn't bother me, and I always appreciate the efforts of you people.
    OK, so I've nothing definitive for you, mainly on account of the fact that I've identified a number of differences between the various sites, the most confusing (to me) is the inconsistency of your /template/ folder naming convention(s).

For example, one of the sites has the jscript in a folder afz_zc_mulk_17, another is apparently using afz_zc_mulk_17 & afz_zc_mulk_18, and another afz_zc_05.

This is all fine if you know exactly what site should be using what, but as an outsider looking in, it makes it a little difficult to follow what is going on where.

In addition to this, and assuming the folders are correct for any given site/store, I did notice one thing that I consider would/could be the source of the problem, and that is with the name of the file for the lQuery 'Sizzle' library.

On the site(s) that work function correctly, this file is called "jscript_a_jquery.js", and the site(s) where it isn't working has this file called "jscript_a_jscript" (which is giving a file not found).

I don't have a clue how or where this library relates to the cookie script. or if it is related at all - but it seems like it has something to do with CSS selectors, and since the cookiescript would (I assume) depend on .CSS for it to work, there is a good possibility that this is the cause.... or not.

Anyway, before I delve any deeper into this I really would like to see a little bit more consistency in where the jscript/jquery files are located.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Nah. It seems like too much work. <g>
    LOL
    Why do you think I asked you guys?

Seriously: Thank you.

The template naming is ok, I mean I'm using different templates for each site, the references too were ok, I had left the reference to an older template, but thanks to your note I cleaned it up, and now is less confusing.

The jscript_a_jquery file was there, the problem was that it was called twice as I had forgotten to remove one of the instances, which I noticed going after your notes, and suggestions.

After clean up all seems to be fine and working.
    I removed it as I need to fine tune it a bit, but it works.

Thank you again, and glad you did MOST of the work for me! ;)

Plugin Contributions

I also have problems with this add. I uploaded the 2 jscript files and placed the cookie_consent_snip before the </body> tag.
    Didn't changed anyhing else, but nothing is showing.
    With F12 i get this error: Uncaught TypeError: $.cookiesDirective is not a function

Anyone has any idea how to get this working?

The website is: restyleparts.com

Plugin Contributions

Same here.

Uploaded both the .js files and the file from the language directory, added the snippet to the end of the tpl_main_page.php file just before the </body> tag.
    I get the error about TypeError: undefined is not a function (evaluating '$.cookiesDirective') as well and would love to know how to solve this so the plugin works and shows people there are cookies on our site.

Site can be found at www4. carmo.nl (the 4 is needed, it's the test site)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Siem View Post
    Same here.

Uploaded both the .js files and the file from the language directory, added the snippet to the end of the tpl_main_page.php file just before the </body> tag.
    I get the error about TypeError: undefined is not a function (evaluating '$.cookiesDirective') as well and would love to know how to solve this so the plugin works and shows people there are cookies on our site.

Site can be found at www4. carmo.nl (the 4 is needed, it's the test site)
    Above was also begun as a discussion in the following thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Cookie-warning
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12