Plugin Contributions

Default Payflow integration changes.

Hi guys, I'm running v1.5.0 and I've just had the following email. Do I need to make any changes?

Thanks!

We want to let you know about upcoming changes that may impact your Payflow integration.
    Because these changes are technical in nature, we advise that you consult with your partner, website vendor, or individuals responsible for your Payflow integration. They will be able to identify what, if any, changes are needed. Please forward the information below to your technical contact for evaluation. We’re here to help your technical contact to ensure you continue to process payments through your current integration with us.
    The following Payflow URLs are scheduled to be deprecated on August 3, 2015:

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow integration changes.

For this situation, no changes required. Zen Cart changed all verisign references to paypal back in 2009, in accordance with PayPal's guidance at that time. (included since v1.3.9)

But, I'm also mindful that your v1.5.0 site is using code from 2011, and it is now 2015. I recommend spending time planning an upgrade, especially since the webstore industry is constantly changing, and your old store isn't taking advantage of security improvements happening in the ecommerce industry.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow integration changes.

Hi Dr. Byte, thanks a million for the fast and informative reply. Much appreciated. I'll look into upgrading to the latest version. It usually gets put on the backburner due to lack of time but pointing out that it's now been 4 years makes me realise how long it's been on the backburner for!