Plugin Contributions

Default Payflow integration changes - alert from PayPal

I've been receiving emails recently about upcoming Payflow integration changes. Is there a thread here about this already?

Anyway, today it says:

--------------------------
    We want to let you know about upcoming changes that may impact your Payflow integration.

Because these changes are technical in nature, we advise that you consult with your partner, website vendor, or individuals responsible for your Payflow integration. They will be able to identify what, if any, changes are needed. Please forward the information below to your technical contact for evaluation. We’re here to help your technical contact to ensure you continue to process payments through your current integration with us.

The following Payflow URLs are scheduled to be deprecated on August 3, 2015:

payflowpro.verisign.com
    cr-payflow.verisign.com
    payflow.verisign.com
    payments.verisign.com

If you’re currently integrated with one of these URLs, you’ll need to update your integration to the corresponding paypal.com URL. Not doing so may impact your ability to accept and process payments. Following are the URLs that need to be replaced, along with the correct endpoint that needs to be used:

[Existing URL --> URL to move to]
    payflowpro.verisign.com --> payflowpro.paypal.com
    cr-payflow.verisign.com --> cr.cybercash.com
    payflow.verisign.com --> payflowpro.paypal.com (include USER, VENDOR, PARTNER, and PWD parameters in all API requests)
    payments.verisign.com --> payflowlink.paypal.com

--------------------------

There's more, but that's the gist of it.

I'm using PayflowPro.
    So, is all that is needed to handle this to change lines 886, 887 in paypaldp.php, which are currently:

PHP Code:
          $doPayPal->_endpoints = array('live'    => 'https://payflowpro.verisign.com/transaction',

'sandbox' => 'https://pilot-payflowpro.verisign.com/transaction'); 
    ...and lines 1040, 1041 in paypalwpp.php, which are currently:

PHP Code:
         $doPayPal->_endpoints = array('live'    => 'https://payflowpro.verisign.com/transaction',

'sandbox' => 'https://pilot-payflowpro.verisign.com/transaction'); 
    ...to use the new url 'https://payflowpro.paypal.com/transaction'?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow integration changes - alert from PayPal

Details posted back in 2009, here: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....e-by-Sept-2009

I'm also mindful that your v1.3.8 site is using code from 2007, and it is now 2015. I recommend spending time planning an upgrade, especially since the web industry is constantly changing, and your old store isn't taking advantage of security improvements happening in the ecommerce industry.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Thanks! Curious that this thread is from 2009, yet this is the same thing that PayPal is currently alerting me about. It's like they never did it back in 2009, six years ago...

I'm also mindful that your v1.3.8 site is using code from 2007, and it is now 2015. I recommend spending time planning an upgrade, especially since the web industry is constantly changing, and your old store isn't taking advantage of security improvements happening in the ecommerce industry.
    Yeah, I agree - difficult to make it happen when you're a one-man company, and you run the web site, the forums, the store, etc.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by karma-lab View Post
    Curious that this thread is from 2009, yet this is the same thing that PayPal is currently alerting me about. It's like they never did it back in 2009, six years ago...
    Yes. But I look at it this way: they gave everyone 6 years to catch up before finally burning the bridge. I imagine they waited until the majority of incoming traffic they see for "verisign" dwindled down to a level they feel they can manage support calls for!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by karma-lab View Post
    Yeah, I agree - difficult to make it happen when you're a one-man company, and you run the web site, the forums, the store, etc.
    You really should *make* this happen though, because if you don't, it is still probably just a matter of time before a hacker forces it upon you, and you can almost guarantee that this will be the most inconvenient time for you that it possible can. (Murphy's Law).

Yeah, I know you've probably been told this a zillion times before, so once more isn't going to hurt.

Cheers
    RodG