Plugin Contributions

Default Supplier order system

I have a question for all you guys using zen cart and purchase products and sell to customers.

How do you manage the supplier orders? I know there are something called phreebooks, but i have found this to complex for my usage. Is there any other "addons" out there ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Supplier order system

What exactly do you mean by manage? Ph reeboks is an accounting package. Are you looking for accounting or just something to update stock count in zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    What exactly do you mean by manage? Ph reeboks is an accounting package. Are you looking for accounting or just something to update stock count in zencart
    SOrry..havent been online for a while. Ok i try to give more info

For example when you purchase something from a suppier..do you get it by an pdf format? What if you later, for example 6 months later you still have stock of some products you bought earlier this yeear, and are going to adjust prices for those products. Then you have to refer and find that invoice you paid to the supplier..so that you can adjust to correct prices.

What if you want to track invoices etc. Or you want to do a new purchase..do you do this manually by excel and put in the products you want and send the file over to the supplier?

This is what i mean with managing.

Plugin Contributions

How do you manage the supplier orders
    We using invoicing software to produce invoices and orders to suppliers. Zen Cart is just another sales channel in addition to emails and the telephone.
    I have made some code that updates the zc shop with the stock levels in the invoicing software on demand.
    Processing the zc orders are still done manually (copy and paste of customer details) to produce invoices, until I can find the time to replace the invoicing software with Dolibarr or another open source solution.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    We using invoicing software to produce invoices and orders to suppliers. Zen Cart is just another sales channel in addition to emails and the telephone.
    I have made some code that updates the zc shop with the stock levels in the invoicing software on demand.
    Processing the zc orders are still done manually (copy and paste of customer details) to produce invoices, until I can find the time to replace the invoicing software with Dolibarr or another open source solution.
    So do you have the name for this invoice software? I want to have better overview over all orders i send to suppliers, have better statistics, be able to search for an order and see for example how much i spent to a specific supplier and much more.

Plugin Contributions

I use Quickbooks desktop version and dump my zencart to it. I use webgility software to do the dump cause it saves me formatting time. It does more too, but it is just a tool to get my data to Quickbooks, which I use for tracking purposes.

Linda

Plugin Contributions

So do you have the name for this invoice software?
    Not relevant (it's legacy, for use in spain, not open source and crap).

There are many invoicing solutions, you should look at what other people in your country and product field use and why, to see if there are any concrete reasons for that or if you can use anything.

There are also ERPs which may be way above what you need: I will probably be using Dolibarr as it is similar to Zen Cart in structure and so will be easier for me to modify it. Otherwise I think Tryton is the best ERP platform (my inexperienced opinion) as it is a fork of OpenERP/Odoo.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...