Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 1.39h Admin Login Issue when upgrading server to PHP 5.3 from 5.2

Have live shop under v1.39h, working well for several years. PHP on server is 5.2. Am preparing to upgrade to v1.54. When I upgrade PHP through host cPanel from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3, the PHP 5.3 breaks my 1.39h admin login. I get 'There was a security error when trying to login' error logging into Admin' where credentials are not recognized. However if I toggle server back to PHP 5.2, I can login to admin fine. Have tried toggling back and forth and behavior is same/repeatable per each PHP version. Logging in as customer and shopping experience no issues under 1.39h/PHP 5.3, it is only the admin login. Have tried the password reset and cache clearing tips mentioned in other threads with no success. Am currently keeping PHP 5.2 till this is resolved, then will work on upgrade. Host will offer PHP 5.4 in approx 1 month, in case that makes a difference.

Had previously posted issue in another thread that referred to 1.54 upgrade issues, however, needed to separate this into it's own topic. These threads are reference:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....21#post1284521

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....57#post1272757

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.39h Admin Login Issue when upgrading server to PHP 5.3 from 5.2

Logging in as customer and shopping experience no issues under 1.39h/PHP 5.3, it is only the admin login
    Suggest that you toggle to php 5.3 to work on upgrade then back to operate your current site
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I sure had not considered the toggling approach. I can try that, and am still hoping to find out cause of 1.39h login not working under 5.3. At least the toggling is a solid either/or, and I can use that approach to get upgrade demo in place.

Plugin Contributions

I do have a confusion. The known bugs and fixes link for 1.54 says some of the docs folder files are inadvertently for 1.53, and a link is posted for the latest files, http://www.zen-cart.com/docs/. When I go to that link and open the Read me first -- Installation link, I was expecting to see install instructions for 1.54, as my download of 1.54 has only 1.53 instructions. However, when it opens, it says v1.52. Where will I find the 1.54 docs to replace the 1.53 ones? The implementation guide PDF is the right one, but am wanting to make sure I'm not missing any important files applicable to 1.54. Appreciate any clarification on this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowce View Post
    I do have a confusion. The known bugs and fixes link for 1.54 says some of the docs folder files are inadvertently for 1.53, and a link is posted for the latest files, http://www.zen-cart.com/docs/. When I go to that link and open the Read me first -- Installation link, I was expecting to see install instructions for 1.54, as my download of 1.54 has only 1.53 instructions. However, when it opens, it says v1.52. Where will I find the 1.54 docs to replace the 1.53 ones? The implementation guide PDF is the right one, but am wanting to make sure I'm not missing any important files applicable to 1.54. Appreciate any clarification on this.
    Argh. Looks like there was a failed upload. Those online docs are fixed now.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! Got the right one now.

Plugin Contributions

After reading 1.54 instructions, it appears PHP 5.4 is required. For info, host doesn't offer that version yet. They will in approx 30 days. So I will need to watch cPanel for when they give us the 5.4 option and work on this when 5.4 is available.

Plugin Contributions

Another option and no PHP 5.4 isn't "required" but certainly is advisable, are you able to setup a subdomin where the subdomain can have it's own PHP version? Then the issue of which version is on becomes a relative non-issue. Also, in the following thread is a way to use PHP 5.2 with ZC 1.5.4 at least until the upgraded files are complete. http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4

The third is to setup a local server/site on your "home" computer to do all of the file mods to then get uploaded to the site when the time comes to replace your existing site.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the link. I think I will try that temp workaround for setting up 1.54 under PHP 5.2. Regarding subdomain, no. Under current plan with host the subdomain/PHP 5.4 solution wouldn't work. Since they say it is coming in near future, that should give me time to set it up, test, get customizations taken care of.

I do have a question. After the upgrade is complete, will I be able to move my products to new database and retain same category/product number? I often use buttons right on the html webpage to add a product to cart using this url format, and am hoping the upgrade will retain my product id.

www . mydomain . com/mystore/index.php?action=buy_now&products_id=02&products_id=8812

Plugin Contributions

Point was to use pHP 5.3 on subdomain and 5.2 on main site for temporary.

But, second question, yes if you follow the standard upgrade process (all the way through for this upgrade.)
    http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast