Plugin Contributions

Default ZC137 to ZC154, Emails copying to store owner but not sending to customer

Just as described in subject. I have tested on different email accounts (as customers). I have tested on both Account Creation, as well as Ordering. I both cases, I (as store owner) receive the copied emails. But as customer (different email addresses) I am receiving nothing.

Thanks for any pointers.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZC137 to ZC154, Emails copying to store owner but not sending to customer

I (as store owner) receive the copied emails. But as customer (different email addresses)
    As you receive them then ZenCart is creating them and that is the extent of what ZenCart can do
    From there it is up to your MTA and the receiving email address
    Maybe your email server is blacklisted for the addresses you are using
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZC137 to ZC154, Emails copying to store owner but not sending to customer

Quote Originally Posted by haostaff View Post
    Just as described in subject. I have tested on different email accounts (as customers). I have tested on both Account Creation, as well as Ordering. I both cases, I (as store owner) receive the copied emails. But as customer (different email addresses) I am receiving nothing.

Thanks for any pointers.

Jeff
    Can you tell us how the upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.5.4 was done?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, kobra, I will do more testing with other emails.

Frank18, I think I followed "the book" in the upgrading, which is essentially importing of old database, uploading ZC154 files with install folder, upgraded the database using the browser install page, deleting the install folder, changing the admin folder name, and updating the files (especially the template files) to reproduce the customizations. The site (both front and Admin CP) looks and works normally now, which suggests success in the upgrading in general.

Plugin Contributions

I have tested with another mock customer email (an Yahoo mail account), and same problem.

I went on to use the Admin -> Tools -> Send Email, to test sending an email to this Yahoo customer account, and got the following notifications from top of the page:

Error ERROR: Failed sending email to: "XYZ Yahoo " with subject: "Test email send" SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: xyz######################
    SMTP server error: sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

Success Notice: Email sent to: xyz###################### (1)
    This may have told the whole story, to an expert?

Plugin Contributions

Changed E-Mail Transport Method (Admin -> Configure -> Email Options) to SMTP Auth, and boom it worked!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by haostaff View Post
    Changed E-Mail Transport Method (Admin -> Configure -> Email Options) to SMTP Auth, and boom it worked!
    Thanks for the update that this is now working for you. The email transport method would have been my next question.....