Plugin Contributions

Default (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Running ZC 1.3.9F.
    Have had store running Payment Module/Pay Pal Express Checkout for years with no issue.
    Issue 1:
    Since December 25, 2014 checkout with Pay Pal Express has stopped working.
    The error message on checkout is:
    An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Today checked all settings in the Pay Pal Express payment module which has not been changed at any time, Payment Module/Pay Pal Express settings shows PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.3.9f)
    2. Ensure you have entered the appropriate security data for username/pwd etc, below.
    Also no change, API username and password exists. PI Signature -- Password
    API Signature -- Signature Code both are set

On Pay Pal side IPN set to ON. Notification URL is set and matches URL setting on the payment module in Payment Module/Pay Pal Express Checkout.

Issue 2:
    Also, the Buttons on Zen Cart for checkout Pay Pal ICON "Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay." does NOT FUNCTION, and messes up the checkout and shoppers must only click only the Zen Cart ICONS, in step 2 and 3 "Continue Check Out" which causes problems for shoppers because its confusing. How can I delete or fix the Checkout with PayPal buttons??
    Has there been a Pay Pal Express Checkout PHP code change on Zencart since December 24, 2014?? How can we fix these two issues: the API Failure withiin Zencart, and the repair or removal of the Pay With Pay Pal link ICON?? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Module: Pay Pal Express Checkout Zen Cart IPN Issue

It might be time to subscribe to the Release Announcements forum (and to upgrade your Zencart installation):

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....yment-security

Plugin Contributions

Problem widens: I rec'd info on the "Poodle" whatever it is about CURL.
    I followed the directions, and copied Pay Pal related PHP files only to my hard drive, then opened /includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_curl.php using note pad. Note pad does not show the code line numbers. I did a "find" and searched 3 different code lines, and did this on three different files: paypal_curl.php, paypaldp.php and linkpoint_ap1/class.linkpoint_api.php none of the code lines were found anywhere in any of these files.

This is my problem with ZenCart, while although I love it, I hate it. I'm not a PHP programmer. There are thousands of PHP files, and even more lines of code in each of these files. This, for me, is an daunting task, and could take me weeks to figure out. Can someone help me with how to find the "code lines" in these files to remark out??? There's gotta be a better way.

As for updating from my current version to 1.5.4, that too is scary. I worry I will end up wiping out tons of files I originally had to go in to the PHP code and change to customize to my own cart. Why can't you just do a simple up date that integrates with all my original cart settings (like a windows update) without having to hours and hours of rewriting PHP code to get it to work? That is why I have never chanced an update. I don't have the skill, patience, or time to sit on my computer and rewrite php code. I just need my store to work right. Every time I get it working right, within a few months, something changes in one of the hundreds of modules that require me to start over and spend tens of hours trying to get right and fix.
    Thanks.
    Addlink

Plugin Contributions

Well, I did my best, still fails, now worse than ever.
    went to paypal_curl.php, line Curlopt_sslversion => 3, placed // at beginning of line, saved, uploaded to the zen cart store files, went to my store, attempted to place an order, went to "continue to checkout" and now got a blank screen, the fix apparently doesn't work. Now any ideas? Help please. I'm not a programmer.
    Thank you.
    Addlink

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by addlink View Post
    Well, I did my best, still fails, now worse than ever.
    went to paypal_curl.php, line Curlopt_sslversion => 3, placed // at beginning of line, saved, uploaded to the zen cart store files, went to my store, attempted to place an order, went to "continue to checkout" and now got a blank screen, the fix apparently doesn't work. Now any ideas? Help please. I'm not a programmer.
    Thank you.
    Addlink
    What software program did you use to edit the file? It probably mangled the file, and that's causing PHP errors, hence the blank page.
    Since you're running v1.3.9, in your /cache/ folder (access it via FTP) you'll see myDebug-xxxxxxx.log files for all PHP errors. The file created when you got that blank screen will also contain the actual error message of the problem that's happening. Post it here.
    Ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said your site is running v1.3.9f

Here's the v1.3.9f version of paypal_curl.php with the POODLE/SSLv3 fix applied. Unzip it before uploading to your server.

(If you're not using the Linkpoint module, you don't need to update any files for it.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.