Plugin Contributions

Default Blank Screen After Upgrade (fixed) but now blank screen after login!

Hi all,

The webstore I've been working on for the past 8 hours has been down after I tried to upgrade from 1.3.9 to the latest version.

I downloaded the files, and unzipped them into the /shop (zencart root) folder, than ran zc_install. All seemed kind of fine I guess.

I know I should have done a test directory, but I tried and had issues with wordpress getting in the way.. so I figured I'd just create backups and could revert if need be.

Eg I created a zip and a directory copy of the /shop folder, and well as exported the zencart .sql file to my desktop.

I've spent the whole afternoon wondering why after the upgrade, the /shop still shows all products etc, but I was getting a blank screen when trying to load the /shop/admin page.

I followed many methods from many forums and finally got it so it would ask me to login. I logged in, and now all I see is this:

WARNING: Site is currently set to Down for Maintenance ...
    NOTE: You cannot test most Payment and Shipping Modules in Maintenance mode
    Warning WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has records over 2 months old and should be archived to conserve space ... 11-20-2009
    Admin Powered by Zen Cart :: The Art of E-Commerce
    You can view and archive Admin Activity details via the Admin Access Management menu, if you have appropriate permissions.
    You can view and archive Admin Activity details via the Admin Access Management menu, if you have appropriate permissions.

The only clickable link is the 'You can view and archive Admin Activity details via the Admin Access..' one.

The rest of the admin panel is blank.

I'm quite sure I got the /shop/includes/configure.php and /shop/admin/includes/configure.php files correct, as it was finally after modifying them and ensuring the folders were congruent with the previous ones saved in the original configure.php files on my desktop.. that the login would even come up.

Any help would be appreciated. I get the feeling I might be up all night trying to fix this. I only just got this job but not sure I will have it in the morning if I can't get the store working again!!

Some details which might be useful

Webserver => Apache
    PHP Version => 5.2.17

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Screen After Upgrade (fixed) but now blank screen after login!

I forgot to mention there were some modules installed on the previous version for postage etc, but all advice on the web talks of re-installing these modules from the admin area, which is currently blank for me, so not sure where to go from here!

Thanks

Kias

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Screen After Upgrade (fixed) but now blank screen after login!

Some more info as well

So after I log in successfully into shop/adminn/index.php and it shows the info about being in maintenance mode and nothing else, If I look at Console information for the page it says:

GET
    /shop/adminn/index.php [HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 859ms]

Plugin Contributions

More info:

What got rid of the blank screen actually was noticing this error in this log:

text/plain myDEBUG-adm-1434964057-6260.log
    ASCII text

[22-Jun-2015 04:07:37] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in
    /home1/sandy/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/class.admin.zcObserverLogEventListener.php on line 118

I searched online for this error, and found a page saying
    to change it from

$levels = static::$levels;

on line 118 of this file, to:

$levels = self::$levels;

I'm not sure why, but I could suddenly see my login screen at /shop/admin again. But yeah, still have the problem of a blank backend after logging in. Any help would be appreciated!!

Plugin Contributions

Hooray.. found the fix in the known bugs for the 1.5.4 page of this forum! Here is it

NOTE: This is ONLY necessary if you're using PHP 5.2.x (but you should upgrade your PHP instead!)

If your server is still using PHP version 5.2.x (which is VERY OLD and now officially obsolete since 2011) and you try to use ZC v1.5.4 you may encounter an error akin to the following when trying to access the Admin area:

Symptom:
    Admin page, after login, is blank, and if you View Source on the page, it stops after displaying the time and IP address and a <br> tag.

Fix:
    1. The BEST fix is to upgrade your PHP version to 5.4 or 5.5.
    If you're using a hosting company which uses cPanel to manage your sites, such as Hostgator or Bluehost or Hostmonster etc, you can change PHP versions by logging in to cPanel, choosing the "PHP Configuration" icon, and choosing a newer version of PHP from the dropdown menu there.
    Consult your hosting company for any assistance you need in changing PHP versions.

2. In the meantime, as a TEMPORARY fix, on line 236 of /admin/includes/header.php, add the // as shown below:
    Code:

// echo @gethostname(); //what server am I working on?

Remember: PHP 5.2.x is obsolete and officially no longer supported by anybody. You should be upgrading your server's PHP version ASAP.
    DO IT NOW! Yes, it IS that important!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kias Henry View Post
    Hooray.. found the fix in the known bugs for the 1.5.4 page of this forum! Here is it
    That was pretty quick problem resolution! Make sure that you've signed up for notifications for the "Known Bugs" thread, just in case there are other anomalies discovered.

Plugin Contributions

Please be aware that this is neither a fix nor a resolution. Using an outdated version of PHP with a newer version of Zen Cart is like playing Russian Roulette. Hence, the last lines of the "fix."
    Remember: PHP 5.2.x is obsolete and officially no longer supported by anybody. You should be upgrading your server's PHP version ASAP.
    DO IT NOW! Yes, it IS that important!!!!!