Plugin Contributions

Default > instock allowed to add to cart and checkout.

V1.5.3

Is this a bug or my misunderstanding of stock level functionality?

Check stock level = true
    Subtract stock = true
    Allow checkout = false

Product contains attributes that do not affect pricing.

Test #1
    Total currently in stock = 11.8 total regardless of attribute selection.
    Customer attempts to add 12.0 items to cart & receives the Yellow, not enough in stock, please adjust quantity error

Test #2, same product
    Total currently in stock = 11.8 total regardless of attribute selection.
    Customer adds 10 items, attribute small to cart. All OK
    Customer adds 2 items, attribute large to cart. All OK
    Customer checks out all ok
    Store owner doesn't have enough stock to fill order because only 11.8 in stock.

Stock level after checkout = negative 0.2 items

My logic is that the second line item added to cart would have brought the total below that in stock and should have received a warning, since there would have only been 1.8 items available for sale after the first 10 were added to the cart.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: > instock allowed to add to cart and checkout.

What is the setting for the product regarding mixed content?

By it not being enforced attribute 1 is treated as a product where attribute 2 is treated as a separate product allowing the total quantity to be greater than the quantity in stock. (Stock by attributes, by the way has been designed to address this issue further though I wouldn't say it is as necessary for this type situation.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What is the setting for the product regarding mixed content?

By it not being enforced attribute 1 is treated as a product where attribute 2 is treated as a separate product allowing the total quantity to be greater than the quantity in stock. (Stock by attributes, by the way has been designed to address this issue further though I wouldn't say it is as necessary for this type situation.)
    Mixed content = No
    Changing it to YES will remedy that particular situation but doing that causes a different problem which is worse. YES allows multiple attributes to be combines to satisfy the minimum which is a problem.

I guess I cant have my cake and eat it.

There is no way in the dickens that I will install Stock by Attributes after I realized it fouled things up a few years back.... actually a few weeks after the fact which eliminated the option to restore a previous database.

I may take another look at lat9's version

TNX
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Mixed content = No
    Changing it to YES will remedy that particular situation but doing that causes a different problem which is worse. YES allows multiple attributes to be combines to satisfy the minimum which is a problem.

I guess I cant have my cake and eat it.

There is no way in the dickens that I will install Stock by Attributes after I realized it fouled things up a few years back.... actually a few weeks after the fact which eliminated the option to restore a previous database.

I may take another look at lat9's version

TNX
    A lot has been done to correct SBA. A few years back would be asking which version, written by whom, how else modified. Currently there is a stable version with additional features added periodically depending on how it is desired to be used. Sure I may be biased as a contributor to it, but so far for mainstream use it has come a really long way thanks to potteryhouse and jeking. https://github.com/potteryhouse and from there pick your version based on your ZC version. SBA 1.5.3 works with ZC 1.5.1 and SBA 1.5.4 works with ZC 1.5.3 and 1.5.4.

Plugin Contributions

TNX for the suggestion. I don't think it will work in my particular instance because the stock quantity is not associated with the set of attributes in this case.

If not mistaken, lat9's version allows dependent attribute settings.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

TNX for the suggestion. I don't think it will work in my particular instance because the stock quantity is not associated with the set of attributes in this case.

If not mistaken, lat9's version allows dependent attribute settings.
    Maybe I'm missing something but I thought SBA did as well, assuming that by dependent attributes mean that attribute options (option values) are "different" dependent on the previous selection. So like certain colors of shoes are available only in certain sizes for certain genders, if the gender is selected, with the next option being size, then all of the sizes applicable to that gender are displayed, then after size is picked, then all of the colors that match that gender and size are displayed... If that is what is considered dependent attributes, then it is supported. There are a few kinks to work out when attempting to display the out-of-stock message along with that series of dropdowns, but it does do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the advertising for the product helps, there's a free trial use I think. To each their own, but it seems to me that to address the situation described that something like either of these would address the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought SBA did as well, assuming that by dependent attributes mean that attribute options (option values) are "different" dependent on the previous selection. So like certain colors of shoes are available only in certain sizes for certain genders, if the gender is selected, with the next option being size, then all of the sizes applicable to that gender are displayed, then after size is picked, then all of the colors that match that gender and size are displayed... If that is what is considered dependent attributes, then it is supported. There are a few kinks to work out when attempting to display the out-of-stock message along with that series of dropdowns, but it does do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the advertising for the product helps, there's a free trial use I think. To each their own, but it seems to me that to address the situation described that something like either of these would address the problem.
    Maybe it's just the way my eyes are reading but the version(s) in the plugin area only seem to be documented up to zencart 1.5.1. It is very confusing to me for plugins to use versioning labels that are so similar to zencart versioning labels.... are comments regarding zencart 1.5.3 or SBA 1.5.3 compatibiliy (as an example). I was having trouble finding documentation for the github versions last night. Maybe today, in the daylight, will yield better results.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the advertising for the product helps, there's a free trial use I think.
    You lost me with that comment.

I appreciate the help and pointers.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Maybe it's just the way my eyes are reading but the version(s) in the plugin area only seem to be documented up to zencart 1.5.1. It is very confusing to me for plugins to use versioning labels that are so similar to zencart versioning labels.... are comments regarding zencart 1.5.3 or SBA 1.5.3 compatibiliy (as an example). I was having trouble finding documentation for the github versions last night. Maybe today, in the daylight, will yield better results.

You lost me with that comment.

I appreciate the help and pointers.
    If by plugin area you mean from the zen-cart plugins, you are correct, the SBA that was worked on by potteryhouse and jeking has not been posted yet as a plugin for ZC. Mostly because I keep adding more and more features to it that I believe one would expect to be included with this type of plugin.

Hopefully have found the version applicable to your desire. Working on a combined "version", but to make testing easy to do the SBA versions were split among two different github areas so that the files could simply by copied and pasted rather than from this folder or that folder depending on the ZC version used... As for version numbers? I didn't come up with them, certainly could change them, but also don't want things to get too far off the beaten path to cause further confusion with the plugin.

As to the comment that lost ya', although trying to get away from advertising for a commercial product, it is my understanding that the commercial product discussed earlier above is available as a trial version. Further, as almost every post comes back to discussing it, I'm sure that the advertising for the plugin does it some good...