Plugin Contributions

Default PHP Warning: MySQL user already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connectio

Upgraded from v139 to v154 and everything seems to have been working smoothly at v154.

I've noticed at least one time a day I get a set of all the same errors usually within a span of a few seconds. (approximately 85 logs generated using Lat9 debug mod)

In the error logs it repeats but all have the same issue.

#1 mysqli_connect() called at [/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:62]
    #2 queryFactory->connect() called at [/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_database.php:23]
    #3 require(/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_database.php) called at [/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #4 require(/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/application_top.php:158]
    #5 require(/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/application_top.php) called at [/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/index.php:26]

[27-Jun-2015 13:29:36 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1203): User (*removed-on-purose*) already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1203) in error log

Hmm, me too. I'd put it down to my webhost (1&1) since it's only an occasional burp. Who do you use for your hosting company?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1203) in error log

bluehost

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Warning: MySQL user already has more than 'max_user_connections' active conne

You should ask your hosting company what's happening with traffic on your server at that time.
    And ask what's the max_user_connections value set to?
    It could be that when you're being indexed by search engines it might be generating too much traffic for the way your server is configured.
    or maybe your site is being probed maliciously.
    Or the server might need some configuration tweaking.

You should really fix those issues before applying the following bandage:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ating-Db-Users
    Seriously, fix the server configuration, and understand your own traffic patterns, before applying a bandage. Else you'll have much worse problems later.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Warning: MySQL user already has more than 'max_user_connections' active conne

I too am on Blue Host and very recently upgraded to 1.5.4 and coincidentally threw over 50 identical PHP Warnings in less than 1 minute on July 2.

PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1203): User xxxx_yyyy already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /zzzz/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62

So, Whitebear and Lat9, what have you found out?

PS. I do not have any reason to suspect it is a 1.5.4 issue.

Zen Cart v1.5.4
    No plugins
    Zen Cart installed via FTP and run zc_install
    Blue Host Shared Server Apache
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    MySQL 5.5.42-37.1-log

Plugin Contributions

Update: So, I took DrByte's advice and started by looking at my raw access logs. I found for this 1 minute time period all were from the same IP. There was over 350 hits from that IP during the 1 minute. I'm not sure what that means. However, a little googling, etc and I found webmasters have been complaining about that IP for years. The IP is 4.79.204.xx which I have partially masked for privacy reasons. Please check your raw access logs and let me know if you have a similar finding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    I too am on Blue Host and very recently upgraded to 1.5.4 and coincidentally threw over 50 identical PHP Warnings in less than 1 minute on July 2.

PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1203): User xxxx_yyyy already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /zzzz/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62

So, Whitebear and Lat9, what have you found out?

PS. I do not have any reason to suspect it is a 1.5.4 issue.

Zen Cart v1.5.4
    No plugins
    Zen Cart installed via FTP and run zc_install
    Blue Host Shared Server Apache
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    MySQL 5.5.42-37.1-log

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    Update: So, I took DrByte's advice and started by looking at my raw access logs. I found for this 1 minute time period all were from the same IP. There was over 350 hits from that IP during the 1 minute. I'm not sure what that means. However, a little googling, etc and I found webmasters have been complaining about that IP for years. The IP is 4.79.204.xx which I have partially masked for privacy reasons. Please check your raw access logs and let me know if you have a similar finding.
    @Zean, thanks for making me look, too! I've seen another similar PHP warning on a couple of sites:
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
    At least on one site, the log occurs during a multitude of accesses by
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MJ12bot/v1.4.5; http://www.majestic12.co.uk/bot.php?+)

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately don't have the details immediately available, but also in the last week or two saw a similar issue on fatcow. Had 80+ similar messages. ZC 1.5.1.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...