Plugin Contributions

Default Disable Check/money order payment option for International orders

Hi,
    Zen nOOb here. Designing a newly updated web store www.tankworkshop.com/newshop from my old web store. Things are slowly coming together. I'm currently working on payment modules. Right now just have paypal basic but will eventually move to pro once i'm closer to to being "live". My question is I'd like to be able to offer check/money order option to just U.S. customers and the option not be available for international customers. Right now the option is available for all customers. So is there a way to "disable" this either thru admin page or php etc...... I'm a total nOOb so if it gets deep into coding I'll need my hand held all the way. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Jay

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disable Check/money order payment option for International orders

Quote Originally Posted by stug69 View Post
    Hi,
    Zen nOOb here. Designing a newly updated web store www.tankworkshop.com/newshop from my old web store. Things are slowly coming together. I'm currently working on payment modules. Right now just have paypal basic but will eventually move to pro once i'm closer to to being "live". My question is I'd like to be able to offer check/money order option to just U.S. customers and the option not be available for international customers. Right now the option is available for all customers. So is there a way to "disable" this either thru admin page or php etc...... I'm a total nOOb so if it gets deep into coding I'll need my hand held all the way. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Jay
    Welcome to the forums!

Go to Admin > Modules > Payment

Check/Money Order
    Enable Check/Money Order Module
    Do you want to accept Check/Money Order payments?

True (set to true)
    False

Payment Zone (set to United States)

If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.

+++++

In case you don't have a zone 'United States' in the drop down the you need to create it.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply

My only option for zones is the state of georgia. So how do I add a zone to that particular part of the module? I'll be searching th forums for it too. Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

I found the zone answer.....should have searched first LOL Found a simliar post and it's just a matter of going to the locations/taxes portion of the admin site and setting it up through that. Site is now showing check/mo option only for US customers. Thanks again for the help!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stug69 View Post
    I found the zone answer.....should have searched first LOL Found a simliar post and it's just a matter of going to the locations/taxes portion of the admin site and setting it up through that. Site is now showing check/mo option only for US customers. Thanks again for the help!!!!
    My pleasure, thanks for letting us know that this is now working for you.

Little tip: scroll to the top of this page and click the FAQs link, you can find some good information in that section of this site.