Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Host upgraded servers now customers can't complete an order

No, the template is not necessarily what created the extra field, but instead what was modified to show it and the information as suspected has been maintained in the template.

Now, I could also be wrong about all that if you said that the current template was just recently installed and you still have access on the site to all previous templates.

Anyways, because the only reference in the entire fileset is in a template file that only retrieves stored data, it would appear that the plugin previously used is not installed now. Here is where you decide to either allow the data to persist and apply a default value or delete the field. If the field is to be deleted, I would recommend restoring the template file back to it's expected state of not including that field. Now on the flip side. Customers may "need" that data still and so it may need to continue to persist... Hopefully you get the idea. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JG64 View Post
    It turns out that "free template 3" is our current template!
    This is the info at the top of the .php file:

Code:
     Page Template
     * Loaded automatically by index.php?main_page=account_edit.<br />
     * Displays information related to a single specific order
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: tpl_account_history_info_default.php 3306 2006-03-29 07:15:46Z drbyte $
    Do you get the same error if you temporarily switch to the Classic template?

Plugin Contributions

That is the same template we have been using for years -- possibly since the beginning.
    If I wanted to apply a default value, how would I go about that?
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    No, the template is not necessarily what created the extra field, but instead what was modified to show it and the information as suspected has been maintained in the template.

Now, I could also be wrong about all that if you said that the current template was just recently installed and you still have access on the site to all previous templates.

Anyways, because the only reference in the entire fileset is in a template file that only retrieves stored data, it would appear that the plugin previously used is not installed now. Here is where you decide to either allow the data to persist and apply a default value or delete the field. If the field is to be deleted, I would recommend restoring the template file back to it's expected state of not including that field. Now on the flip side. Customers may "need" that data still and so it may need to continue to persist... Hopefully you get the idea. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Do you get the same error if you temporarily switch to the Classic template?

I have not tried to complete a transaction with the classic template, but I will.

Plugin Contributions

Go ahead and try, but because the field is identified only in the one template file (where data is retrieved and not entered/stored) I would not expect any change in the problem.

Right now the issue is that in attempt to store the order data into the database, the order class doesn't assign any value to the field and the database doesn't have a default value assigned, therefore an error is caused when attempting to store the order information. Problem probably was caused in the upgrade to 1.5.1.

As for restoring to a default, if you still have the original files for that template, a variation of the template could be applied. The variation being that any template changes from the original version of ZC to the current version are applied. Otherwise could compare the current template override file with the includes/templates/template_default version of the same file and remove the code associated with the errant field. Or could temporarily rename the template file to have an extension other than .php and see if all works well (enough). Basically need to uninstall whatever was installed to offer that feature that is no longer "working".

Plugin Contributions

I have not tried to complete a transaction with the classic template, but I will.
    I changed to the "Classic Contemporary Green" template and the problem still occurred.

Plugin Contributions

What would be the simplest way for me to apply a default value to the "account_name" field, and do you think that would take care of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Go ahead and try, but because the field is identified only in the one template file (where data is retrieved and not entered/stored) I would not expect any change in the problem.

Right now the issue is that in attempt to store the order data into the database, the order class doesn't assign any value to the field and the database doesn't have a default value assigned, therefore an error is caused when attempting to store the order information. Problem probably was caused in the upgrade to 1.5.1.

As for restoring to a default, if you still have the original files for that template, a variation of the template could be applied. The variation being that any template changes from the original version of ZC to the current version are applied. Otherwise could compare the current template override file with the includes/templates/template_default version of the same file and remove the code associated with the errant field. Or could temporarily rename the template file to have an extension other than .php and see if all works well (enough). Basically need to uninstall whatever was installed to offer that feature that is no longer "working".

Plugin Contributions

What would be the simplest way for me to apply a default value to the "account_name" field, and do you think that would take care of the problem?
    Simplest for someone that has access to phpmyadmn would be to goto the database, goto (DB_PREFIX)orders, nd assign a default value.

Next would be to run a SQL command from the install sql patches section of the tools menu to apply a default value. (Sorry haven't yet looked up the appropriate formatting to update that field. If needed, ask or perhaps someone will jump in. :) )

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure if this information helps, but the "account_name" field in the "zen_orders" table has been blank in every transaction since 9/27/2013. It was sporadically used prior to that and the problem has only existed since mid-June, when the hosting company upgraded their servers.

Plugin Contributions

From within admin->tools->install sql patches:
    Code:
    alter TABLE orders ALTER account_name SET DEFAULT NULL;
    If that still doesn't work (new error message) then may need to then allow NULL with a similar alter statement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast