Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Host upgraded servers now customers can't complete an order

mc...I really appreciate your help!
    I think the simplest solution would be to assign a default value. As I just indicated in my last post, the field has not been used in years -- as far as I can tell from looking in "zen_orders" and "account_name". When it was used (approx. 50% of transactions prior to 9/27/2013) it usually contained a phone number, but not always. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the data.

I'm not sure I understand all of the instructions you provided. 1 - can the default value be anything? 2 - I have no real idea how to run an SQL command. I know where to install sql patches, but the syntax is a complete mystery to me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JG64 View Post
    I'm not sure if this information helps, but the "account_name" field in the "zen_orders" table has been blank in every transaction since 9/27/2013. It was sporadically used prior to that and the problem has only existed since mid-June, when the hosting company upgraded their servers.
    Would help others if it were known what the server software was for the mysql server up to that point, but doesn't specifically resolve the issue. Does indicate when the applicable (yet unknown) plugin was likely removed/not included in an update.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I think the simplest solution would be to assign a default value. As I just indicated in my last post, the field has not been used in years -- as far as I can tell from looking in "zen_orders" and "account_name". When it was used (approx. 50% of transactions prior to 9/27/2013) it usually contained a phone number, but not always. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the data.

I'm not sure I understand all of the instructions you provided. 1 - can the default value be anything? 2 - I have no real idea how to run an SQL command. I know where to install sql patches, but the syntax is a complete mystery to me.
    Since you are in phpmyadmmin, no sql command is actually necessary, should have the ability to modify the table structure with clicks on various fields, assign the default and save the change. Sorry, I tend to just do these things, and don't recall the specific "instruction" on how to do it.. But I provided the SQL command to apply a default of NULL. May/may not work depending on if NULL is permitted.

Plugin Contributions

Didn't answer 1) anything permitted by the datatype and size of the field. The next "issue" is how the field is used/data expected. In this case, it appears that null may be the best bet.

Plugin Contributions

Did you ever install the Super Orders add on?
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

MY ZC database in PhpMyAdmin does not have a table named DB_PREFIX. I assumed you are saying to find a table of DB_PREFIX and find the field "orders"?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    Did you ever install the Super Orders add on?
    No I have not. Not sure how that would help? Please let me know how you think it could affect my issue.

Plugin Contributions

MY ZC database in PhpMyAdmin does not have a table named DB_PREFIX. I assumed you are saying to find a table of DB_PREFIX and find the field "orders"?
    Sorry, I left out the detail that DB_PREFIX related to the prefix assigned in includes/configure.php which in your case appears to be zen_

Which would result in you modifying zen_orders

But, if you use the install sql patches method, do not use the prefix as ZC takes care of that for you. :)

I think that I provided the instruction before it was identified about the level of knowledge/understanding... Though it would be appropriate for me regardless to provide more detail (which I am constantly told I provide too much of anyways. )

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Didn't answer 1) anything permitted by the datatype and size of the field. The next "issue" is how the field is used/data expected. In this case, it appears that null may be the best bet.
    mc...you're awesome! Thanks.
    I went in to PhpMyadmin and edited the table "zen_orders" -- field "account_name" to allow NULL, and created a default of NULL and the cart worked!!!! No error message. Thank you for all your time and effort.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123