Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Please Ladies and Gents ... I think I broke it !!!!

So if understand correctly, live site is in a directory, this new upgraded site is in a subdirectory off of your live site. I don't remember who mde the recommendation on the first page of this thred, but the thought was to have your live site now point to this new directory. The alternative would be to transfer all of the files (except the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php) over to the drectory referenced by your uri after removing the existing files, which could be better done by folder renaming from the host's cPanel...

Right now, your site as accessed by the "public" is yes the old version and no should not be put live if the above is true. Now, if they installed updated files in the same place as always, the indications of your previous message indicate that the files are "all" up-to-date... So further answer depends on providing the clarity of what the current situation/state of "sites" off of your uri.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ok ... as I can understand what has happened in my naivety .. is that no core zc install has been done from 1.3.8a (eg to 1.5.4) ... but utilising the database upgrade feature from zc install .. it has updated the database only.

All the directory structures have not changed for the url .. nor is there any sub directory installs of any other version of zc .. but it seems as though certain directories have been added in the migration .. such as YOUR_ADMIN_FOLDER which even I know would never work as it has not been renamed to the actual admin folder. What the hosting Company have done .. I have no idea .. but for sure .. someone has been messing around in there.

Plugin Contributions

So, one of the (many? :) ) questions asked was in the upper right hand corner of the admin screen, does it say you are currently using ZC 1.5.4 or 1.3.8 or nothing at all? (Typically just below the check for upgrade button).

Plugin Contributions

This is now what I see in version info tab and there has been no zc install run for setup of 1.5.4 on the server ....

Zen Cart 1.5.4

Database Patch Level: 1.5.4

v1.5.4 [2015-07-13 21:28:38] (Version Update 1.5.3->1.5.4)
    v1.5.4 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.3->1.5.4)
    v1.5.3 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.2->1.5.3)
    v1.5.2 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.1->1.5.2)
    v1.5.1 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.0->1.5.1)
    v1.5.0 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.3.9->1.5.0)
    v1.3.9h [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.3.8->1.3.9h)
    v1.3.8 [2010-04-30 16:38:16] (Fresh Installation)

Also .. in the top right it says database is up to date version 1.5.4
    Last edited by wallart studios; 14 Jul 2015 at 04:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wallart studios View Post
    This is now what I see in version info tab and there has been no zc install run for setup of 1.5.4 on the server ....

Zen Cart 1.5.4

Database Patch Level: 1.5.4

v1.5.4 [2015-07-13 21:28:38] (Version Update 1.5.3->1.5.4)
    v1.5.4 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.3->1.5.4)
    v1.5.3 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.2->1.5.3)
    v1.5.2 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.1->1.5.2)
    v1.5.1 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.5.0->1.5.1)
    v1.5.0 [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.3.9->1.5.0)
    v1.3.9h [2015-07-13 21:27:55] (Version Update 1.3.8->1.3.9h)
    v1.3.8 [2010-04-30 16:38:16] (Fresh Installation)
    Welp, somebody ran it yesterday around 21:27 local server time... Considering that all other things have been modified (including the magic new directory) it would seem that your host did this upgrade for you or a phantom coder that decided to "help you out" of which I would hope none but yourself (and your host) could gain the access necessary to do that without your knowledge...

If though, truly do not know who did it, I would suggest running through the potential hacked actions... (Of course could give your host a call to ask about what happened... :) )

Only other "thing" I am thinking about is that if the shipping and payment modules were deactivated and reactivated forcing the updated code to repopulate the database for operation under the current version, and that any shipping/payment plugins (or any other for that matter) are up-to-date. For example, UPS, USPS, FedEx, and many others have required updating to work with their servers and to collect the necessary information.

Also there may be some issues with the template files as compared to the template_default equivalent if they do not handle/process data the same as the template_default version... But, it looks like yes you could use a 1.5.x version template on your site...

It would also still be suggested to investigate any differences in your core files as compared to a vanilla ZC install if in fact it was all installed by the host as there may be significant differences in security or functionality. (Won't know until the comparisons are performed and verified equivalent with only known/desirable modifications/differences.)

Plugin Contributions

No panic mc12345678 lol .. the upgrade was ran by myself last night just before I posted that it blocked admin (my timing was 21.27 UK time)

Template wise .. all seems to be running the same as it was before and functioning ... only thing I have noticed is that image handler does not show larger images in the box .. but hover over still works (this is to be expected as the image handler is V2 and to my knowledge .. Image Handler 3 is required for zc 1.5)

All shipping modules and payment modules are as they were originally .. api callbacks .. the lot. I have checked those out as they are imperative to sales and shipping methods available :)

Once again .. to all those that have tried to assist and I must say ... outstanding input and recommendations here which seems to have cured my issues and saved my Business ... I owe you all a hearty drink should we ever meet in person

Plugin Contributions

No panic mc12345678 lol .. the upgrade was ran by myself last night just before I posted that it blocked admin (my timing was 21.27 UK time)

Template wise .. all seems to be running the same as it was before and functioning ... only thing I have noticed is that image handler does not show larger images in the box .. but hover over still works (this is to be expected as the image handler is V2 and to my knowledge .. Image Handler 3 is required for zc 1.5)

All shipping modules and payment modules are as they were originally .. api callbacks .. the lot. I have checked those out as they are imperative to sales and shipping methods available :)

Once again .. to all those that have tried to assist and I must say ... outstanding input and recommendations here which seems to have cured my issues and saved my Business ... I owe you all a hearty drink should we ever meet in person
    IH4 is the route to go these days, and I think there is still some work being done to it on github for ZC 1.5.4... But, YEAH!!!

Plugin Contributions

Well ... so much for the fix

I had notifications that new customers couldnt register. I then realised that Fast and Easy Checkout module was installed so ran the sql patch to remove it.

Now when I try to access admin .. I'm getting the error message of "1060 Duplicate column name 'configuration_tab'
    in:
    [ALTER TABLE configuration ADD COLUMN configuration_tab varchar(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'General';] "

Obviously this is a database issue again. Any idea how I go about editing the database ? .. I would assume from the 1060 ... that would be the line that is playing up ?

Good news is .. checkout is working ... bad news is .. I'm locked from admin again GRRRRRR

Plugin Contributions

Well ... so much for the fix

I had notifications that new customers couldnt register. I then realised that Fast and Easy Checkout module was installed so ran the sql patch to remove it.

Now when I try to access admin .. I'm getting the error message of "1060 Duplicate column name 'configuration_tab'
    in:
    [ALTER TABLE configuration ADD COLUMN configuration_tab varchar(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'General';] "

Obviously this is a database issue again. Any idea how I go about editing the database ? .. I would assume from the 1060 ... that would be the line that is playing up ?

Good news is .. checkout is working ... bad news is .. I'm locked from admin again GRRRRRR
    uninstall SQL does not remove files... If FEC was still installed, then the files also need to be removed which I think is what is trying to "alter" the table and finding that it can not because well, also seems that the uninstall probably didn't unalter it... Or if it did, then other code that remained is just repeating to attempt to do steps that were successfully undone but redone...

Sorry, starting to dive in... Need to remove the files that were added and restore the files that were modified/removed by adding FEC. Or should have been able to disable it.

Plugin Contributions

I have removed every file associated with FEC and the same error still there. Many thanks for your reply and attention again mc12345678 .. but still no admin.

I cant get into the admin to possibly re run the sql patch for uninstall just in case it didn't remove it properly ... so I am still stumped what to do here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast