Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problems Setting Up a Template.

**This has already been posted in the Hope Free Template section but I thought this part of the forum is the proper place for templates. Hope admin won't get too irritated!

This is the template I eventually want: http://zen4me.com/demo/hope/

Following the instructions in the README file, the new template doesn't show up alongside the default one in the admin drop-down list.

I'm running things locally, using WAMP server. I've installed other templates and they do show up. The missing item is an issue I've had before but I moved on to other templates. Now I've found this template, I want it but it's a no-show.

My file structure is C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates

Before I copied over the zipped folder, the default in that folder was two directories: 'classic' and 'template_default'.

As per the instructions, I copied over 'zen4me.com-hope-free-template' and went to admin/tools/template selection and observed only 'Classic Contemporary Green', the default template.

I'm using Zen Cart v1.5.4 and everything else seems OK with this local setup.

Any ideas on how I can get this template working? I'll keep trying to fix this, but in the meantime I hope someone can help.

Template download: http://www.zen4me.com/files/zen4me.c...e-template.zip

Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems Setting Up a Template.

The dropdown in Template Selection is populated from the template_info.php files Zencart finds in the respective template folders, so I would guess you might have the files in the wrong path. Check to see that includes/templates/hope/template_info.php exists.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    The dropdown in Template Selection is populated from the template_info.php files Zencart finds in the respective template folders, so I would guess you might have the files in the wrong path. Check to see that includes/templates/hope/template_info.php exists.
    Inside the unzipped template folder, many directories in, there's:

C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\zen4me.com-hope-free-template\TEMPLATE-FILES\includes\templates\template333

The folder 'template333' contains the file 'template_info.php'. I copy this folder into the root folder containing the default folders and the drop-down now includes the 'Hope' template. I select/update. When I refresh the demo page, all I get is the top couple of inches of the page.

Image attached...

Name:  demo_page.png
Views: 232
Size:  76.6 KB

Plugin Contributions

this path C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\zen4me.com-hope-free-template\TEMPLATE-FILES\includes\templates\template333

should be:

C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333

this is also explained in the readme.txt inside the zip file

INSTALLATION - PHASE 1
    =============================
    Note: There are no core files override, no files will be overwritten.

1. Unpack the template package 'zen4me.com-hope-free-template.zip', the template files are inside folder 'TEMPLATE-FILES'

2. Upload all the files and folders inside 'TEMPLATE-FILES' to your store root directory, i.e ../public_html/ or if you use subdirectory ../public_html/store/

Plugin Contributions

That's what I now have

C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333

But I still only get that partial page.

Plugin Contributions

A (partial) white page means there should be a debug log file. Check C:\wamp\www\zencart\logs to see if there are any. an post the complete contents of the newest file. Remember to cross out any secret amdin names.

Plugin Contributions

Here are the contents of the log file....

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: require_once(includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php on line 59

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP Stack trace:

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 1. {main}() C:\wamp\www\zencart\index.php:0

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 2. require() C:\wamp\www\zencart\index.php:97

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 3. require() C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template_default\common\tpl_main_page.php :73

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 4. require() C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_header.php:131

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php on line 59

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 1. {main}() C:\wamp\www\zencart\index.php:0

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 2. require() C:\wamp\www\zencart\index.php:97

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 3. require() C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template_default\common\tpl_main_page.php :73

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP 4. require() C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_header.php:131

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chome4 View Post
    Here are the contents of the log file....

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: require_once(includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php on line 59

[16-Jul-2015 10:12:43 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php on line 59

The ul_generator.php is looking for C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php, but it is not there. You probably are still not having all the files in their right places.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    The ul_generator.php is looking for C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php, but it is not there. You probably are still not having all the files in their right places.
    Actually it's the other way around. The file C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php is looking for the class file includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php. This class is not a part of the ZC default install, so is either the request is accidentally in the drop menu file or as said there is at least one (maybe more) file missing.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Actually it's the other way around. The file C:\wamp\www\zencart\includes\templates\template333\common\tpl_drop_menu.php is looking for the class file includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php. This class is not a part of the ZC default install, so is either the request is accidentally in the drop menu file or as said there is at least one (maybe more) file missing.
    You are absolutely right, blame it on the lack of coffee in the morning .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast