Plugin Contributions

help question Search operator usage in Admin Area

Hi,

was wondering if anyone's ever ported the search operator functionality of the front-end product search to the back-end?

Would be nice to be able to use "or" or "and" while searching for products in the admin > catalog > categories/products search tool.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Search operator usage in Admin Area

Maybe there are better answers than this one (hope so anyways), did a search on the plugins with the word "search"... Three pages of results, but nothing seemed to pop out as *directly* applicable to the admin side. Made me think, hmm how does this help sales? And in a way I didn't come up with a good solution which led me to think that possibly not (yet) included because it hasn't been considered as a signficant help in sales in the past.... Doesn't mean it couldn't in the future and hopefully someone takes the challenge to create it/share it with the community... It may just be that a simple call is needed to take advantage of the store side search process on the admin side, though I don't see why the store side couldn't be opened at the same time, a search performed and then the result(s) used to dig into the right location on the admin... I know... I know... That's the "old" way.... the "workaround"...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hey thanks for the reply buddy.

It's going to take a little more tinkering because I noticed that the "or" and "and" search operator is handled in the functions_general.php file...

Obviously it's not an important function for me at the moment, but it will be some day, it will...help my employees with their workflow.

I'll take a crack at it at some point I think, will definitely post results here if I am successful.

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaseent View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply buddy.

It's going to take a little more tinkering because I noticed that the "or" and "and" search operator is handled in the functions_general.php file...

Obviously it's not an important function for me at the moment, but it will be some day, it will...help my employees with their workflow.

I'll take a crack at it at some point I think, will definitely post results here if I am successful.

Cheers!
    And there is the money maker side of it... Doesn't increase direct sales, but can cut down on cost... Either way increases net profit... Like I said, I couldn't come up with something on a "one person" operation that perhaps remained somewhat small, but all it takes is the right niche to have a need and tada... :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...