Plugin Contributions

Default Advanced Shipping and Payment Methods after Upgrade

I'm in the midst of getting help with an upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.5.4, which as been a real struggle. The person helping has been able to get 1.5.4 working in test directory after a lot of hard work, and I've been in there looking around to figure out how to get it in alignment with the way the old version handled (1) shipping and (2) payment.

(1) Since the site relies on dropshipment from several different distributors, it has been set up with Ceon Adv Shipping 5.0. I'm guessing that may no longer work if we upgrade, but I can't seem to find a place to buy a newer version. Can anyone head me in the right direction? Or is there another way to handle multiple shipping zones?

(2) The old cart had the option "Credit Card - Offline Processing" as a way to handle payment, but I don't see that offered under Payment Modules in 1.5.4. That's the way the client prefers to accept payment. Is that gone? Or is there a plugin?

Thanks.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    DebiWebi
    http://www.tejadadesign.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Advanced Shipping and Payment Methods after Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by DebiWebi View Post
    I'm in the midst of getting help with an upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.5.4, which as been a real struggle. The person helping has been able to get 1.5.4 working in test directory after a lot of hard work, and I've been in there looking around to figure out how to get it in alignment with the way the old version handled (1) shipping and (2) payment.

(1) Since the site relies on dropshipment from several different distributors, it has been set up with Ceon Adv Shipping 5.0. I'm guessing that may no longer work if we upgrade, but I can't seem to find a place to buy a newer version. Can anyone head me in the right direction? Or is there another way to handle multiple shipping zones?
    Pls check your email - link included

Quote Originally Posted by DebiWebi View Post
    (2) The old cart had the option "Credit Card - Offline Processing" as a way to handle payment, but I don't see that offered under Payment Modules in 1.5.4. That's the way the client prefers to accept payment. Is that gone? Or is there a plugin?
    That payment method is obsolete due to security issues.

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Not sure of its compliance with 1.5.4 but, there is https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=893. Please read a warnings and notes on this method to your client.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks frank18 and dbltoe. Got the email Frank about Adv Shipping and I have decided to use a safer payment method. Less work for the client that way too.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    DebiWebi
    http://www.tejadadesign.com