Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Not Being Charged For One Item On Their Order-Random Problem

I noticed that one order from a customer came in and the amount they were charged for an item was $0.00. The item was not free, though. I went behind the scenes and looked at the product and the attributes and it all looked fine. I tried to duplicate the problem and it did duplicate (the first item in the cart came up as $0.00). I deleted that cart and tried to make it happen again, it would not. Everything worked well from then on. This was at order 85.

Today, I looked at order 100 and the first item in the order was again $0.00. The item was not free. I had no problems in any other orders I have seen, just those two.

I called PayPal and they told me the problem was on my end. The PayPal invoice shows nothing for the items bought, i.e. if the customer was not charged for the item it does not appear on the PayPal invoice at all.

What could be causing this? It happens on the first item on the purchase orders (so far). Each item which came up as $0.00 was a different product, too, which leads me to suspect that it's the fact that it is the first item on the order and not what is being ordered. Thank you for any help you can give.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Not Being Charged For One Item On Their Order-Random Problem

A link to your site will assist
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Not Being Charged For One Item On Their Order-Random Problem

Not a problem: http://www.possets.com

I am using PayPal Express Checkout as my module, but I don't think that is where the problem lies. My server is 1and1 and is using PHP version 5.4.42, MySql 5.1.73

The first time I noticed that there was a problem was from the 17th of July and today. I had not noticed anything like this before.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

One other thing, both of the problems were with orders going to New York (Hudson Falls and Rocky Point).
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

What plugins are installed, is this site an upgrade from before? How was it upgraded? What were the source of the upgraded fles (if an upgrade?) Are there files in the includes/modules/pages folders that were "renamed" that stll end in .php?
    At what point in the process does the first item show as $0.00?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
    One other thing, both of the problems were with orders going to New York (Hudson Falls and Rocky Point).
    Was it the same product?

Were both products in the same category?

Did both products have attributes ?

I seriously doubt that the order destination is the common denominator. That is more likely to be a coincidence. The cause is far more likely to be with the product(s) themselves.

I've tried to duplicate the problem using your site, but didn't find anything amiss, so it may help narrow things down if you could provide a link to the product(s) that you know have had a problem. If it IS product related we could spend days adding products to a cart for testing before we stumble across it.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What plugins are installed, is this site an upgrade from before? How was it upgraded? What were the source of the upgraded fles (if an upgrade?) Are there files in the includes/modules/pages folders that were "renamed" that stll end in .php?
    You forgot to ask what color underwear s/he was wearing :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    At what point in the process does the first item show as $0.00?
    Finally, a question that is relevant to the issue being reported :-)

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

OK, I will try to answer all of your questions but I am going to have to take a break and go search for the answers to some so please bear with me.

First, and most interesting, the color of underwear I am wearing. I suppose you think I AM wearing underwear. That question shall be answered at the end of my answers so stay tuned.

The site is upgraded from (I believe) 1.3.x. It was upgraded the old fashioned way (not automatically from my webhost).

The source of the upgraded files was here, on Zencart. I don't recall anything being renamed. I have a renamed admin folder but that is pretty common for security reasons and I have not seemed to have a problem stemming from that (which I think would be a more consistent problem than what I have now).

The site was updated around June 20, 2015 and I just started to catch $0 items on 7/17. Then there was one more on 7/23. Both errors were the first item ordered. I suspect that is significant but I am not sure about that. They were both from NY state and I don't think that is significant but I could be wrong.

The list of plug ins will follow later, I have a lot of them. If there is an easy way to list them, please tell me what it is and that would make matters easier and faster.

The error was NOT with the same product, the error was in the same category (Permanent Blends). Both products did have attributes (different prices for different sizes).

One of the products was 301 and the other was Gelato: Vaniglia.

I have only had that problem with those two products so far. If I get a third error and it's the first item in the order, I will say I deeply suspect the first place item. I have also had very random success duplicating this problem.

More later, like the list of my plug ins and the all-important color of underwear.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

@fabienne, I appreciate your sense of humor!

Plugin Contributions

OK, here is the list of plug ins which I am sure are on the site. There may be more. I am not an expert in ZenCart but I can fix a few things. The plug ins which were put on the cart AFTER the problem started are marked with an *. Here they are:
    • Image Handler 4
    • MailBeez*
    • Google Merchant Center Feeder*
    • Easy Populate 4
    • Site Map XML
    • Testimonials Manager
    • Recover Cart Sales *
    • Simple SEO URL Manager*
    • Sales Report With Graph
    • Sales Report
    • PayPal Express Checkout
    • Google Analytics
    • Genesis Themes Configuration
    • FedEx
    • UPS
    • USPS

If there are any more, I will update this list. If there is something I missed I can certainly add it later.
    The Zen of cat.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast