Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Not Being Charged For One Item On Their Order-Random Problem

PS. If your host hasn't informed you that *your* site is the one using up all of its resources then you almost certainly *don't* need to upgrade to a better plan or dedicated server. You do however need have your site moved to a different host computer to resolve your problems. (Note: host computer - not necessarily a different host provider or hosting plan).

Cheers
    RodG
    Last edited by RodG; 10 Aug 2015 at 12:42 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Not Being Charged For One Item On Their Order-Random Problem

OK, I am going to read your post several times. After the first pass, I have to say I am a bit relieved in that there is something which can be attempted to stop the random problems. Thanks.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
    OK, I am going to read your post several times. After the first pass, I have to say I am a bit relieved in that there is something which can be attempted to stop the random problems. Thanks.
    Mind if I ask which hosting plan you are on with 1&1?

If on the 'starter' plan, then I'd suggest you consider the 'unlimited plus' or 'unlimited pro'. The other two cheaper plans both have less than 1gb of ram - Which *I* consider to be the absolute minimum for an ecommerce store.

NOTE: This is NOT an advert or endorsement for 1&1. I'm just comparing the options of the host that you are currently using.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

It's the 1and1 unlimited plan, not unlimited Plus or Pro...got it about 2 yrs ago. I like their service, I tried out others and they were most to my taste (could talk to a human 24/7-365 for instance) with webhosts, that is important. Good pricing and on top of things. I am (uncharacteristically) loyal to them. I will look into Plus or Pro. Thank you.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

It's the 1and1 unlimited plan, not unlimited Plus or Pro...got it about 2 yrs ago. I like their service, I tried out others and they were most to my taste (could talk to a human 24/7-365 for instance) with webhosts, that is important. Good pricing and on top of things. I am (uncharacteristically) loyal to them. I will look into Plus or Pro. Thank you.
    I've learned long ago that loyalty to any given hosting provider doesn't always pay. I've also learned that if you are happy with any given provider it generally pays to stick with them.

I think either plan should suit your current needs - but if you want SSL (as most people do, even though most don't really understand *why*) then the Pro plan is the one you'll need. The extra RAM on the Pro plan will also give better performance.

Your current plan really isn't suitable (in my opinion), and the 'plus' plan is 'borderline'.

Lat9 apparently makes use of 1&1 (where as I don't) and will be better positioned to advise whether the Plus plan is suitable for ZenCart or not.

Either way, I'm still pretty confident that an upgrade will be the solution to the charging problem.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Ah, that is encouraging. Thank you! If Lat9 wants to say something, please do!
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

The majority of the 1&1 sites I'm active with use the unlimited plan. I did have one client that was having database issues (although the debug-log message was different, error 28 from storage engine) which I assumed were associated with one or more other sites' database issues on the shared server.

I rolled the dice and hoped that a newly-created database would wind up on a different server, so I:
    1. Created a new database and once it was "Ready" ...
    2. Put the site into Maintenance Mode
    3. Copied the existing database contents into the new database
    4. Modified the two configure.php files to reference the new database
    5. Took the site out of Maintenance Mode

It's been nine months and no database errors!

Plugin Contributions

OK, I upgraded and hope that will help stop the odd problems.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I upgraded and hope that will help stop the odd problems.
    Upgraded? In your original posting, you indicated that you were running Zen Cart v1.5.4 (based on the v154 in this thread's title).

Plugin Contributions

I upgraded my hosting plan from 1&1, the version of the cart remains the same. I went from Unlimited to Unlimited Plus and hope that I have enough memory etc. to keep from getting random errors. It was pretty cheap and painless.
    The Zen of cat.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast