Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module version 3.0 - Support thread

Quote Originally Posted by philjclarke View Post
    Sorry - when I said 'everything' I just meant on the cache directory - thought I'd take the nuclear option with it!
    Still no joy
    Okay cool, just checking.

I will recreate a similar session later this evening and let you know what happens, nothing else jumps to mind.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - really do appreciate the help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
    Okay cool, just checking.

I will recreate a similar session later this evening and let you know what happens, nothing else jumps to mind.
    Hi @SpaceMoney - I resolved it this afternoon - it was down to some PHP session settings on the server in the end rather than ZC config.
    Thanks for your help earlier.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by philjclarke View Post
    Hi @SpaceMoney - I resolved it this afternoon - it was down to some PHP session settings on the server in the end rather than ZC config.
    Thanks for your help earlier.
    Excellent. I'm pleased you resolved it.

I'm currently working on upgrading 2 of my takeaways running zen and quietly had my fingers crossed for an easy transition with WorldPay.

Happy Trading.

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed the size of their database whilst running this module?

I notice that it stores all transactions as blob data which have now mounted to quite a size..... +200mb. Even my email achieve isn't that big...….

Due to the size of the worldpay table I have been unable to restore the database successfully, I have manually restored each table (except worldpay) and can use my store still but things must be missing! Does anyone know how to calm this module down a little???? Is there a better way of storing the data for this module?

Any input greatfully received.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone noticed the size of their database whilst running this module?

I notice that it stores all transactions as blob data which have now mounted to quite a size..... +200mb. Even my email achieve isn't that big...….

Due to the size of the worldpay table I have been unable to restore the database successfully, I have manually restored each table (except worldpay) and can use my store still but things must be missing! Does anyone know how to calm this module down a little???? Is there a better way of storing the data for this module?

Any input greatfully received.
    Hi SpaceMonkey,

it is something I've noticed before, but not to your extremes.

How many records do you have? I've over 2500 with a table size of approx. 20Mb. An average blob in my db is only 2-3kb.
    Each blob saves anywhere upto 6,000 characters. Is there a more space efficient data type within mysql to store that number of characters?
    TBH I'm not sure if it is essential to record all of the various blobs, i.e. could we drop the 'session blob'. Is it ever used by anyone and for what purpose?

I've been tweaking a version of the module to try and incorporate a few improvements, but dealing with the support agents at Worldpay to ensure we're utilising the best options is not only time consuming, but confusing too (I don't think half their tech support team know how to communicate with their gateway).

If there's no reason to keep all the blob info, we could look to ditch some of it in a newer module.

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bottyz View Post
    How many records do you have? I've over 2500 with a table size of approx. 20Mb. An average blob in my db is only 2-3kb.
    Hi Bottyz,

I have approx. 14000 entries, each blob about 2-3kb for Post, Server & Request but I note the Session is about 9-12kb each.

I have never referred to the data here. If a callback error happens the best source of data for me is the Callback Failure email sent from worldpay. As for their support staff...…… They are administrators and not support (in my opinion), they appear to have no technical knowledge unless you want help using their control panel.

My development zone hasn't had this table data loaded and appears fine. I am thinking about dropping 10000 of the entries (from the live site) but I'm waiting for my hosting support to respond first (checking they can restore if necessary).

Slightly of topic I have had databases larger than this in the past and managed to restore with "import" in phpmyadmin no problem... Every table except worldpay restores fine. I will let you know what my host say regarding this and how the cull goes.

Thanks for response.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bottyz View Post

I've been tweaking a version of the module to try and incorporate a few improvements, but dealing with the support agents at Worldpay to ensure we're utilising the best options is not only time consuming, but confusing too (I don't think half their tech support team know how to communicate with their gateway).

If there's no reason to keep all the blob info, we could look to ditch some of it in a newer module.

Rich

I have WorldPay v4 available (created by Niccol not me) if you wanted to review the work as part of your process. PM if you want a copy.

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Here are my thoughts, just out of interest...

(1) I am not sure why those columns are mediumblob anyway. This seems like a really poor choice. (So, if someone rewrites they could consider this)

(2) Anyway, I don't think (but may be wrong) that all that data that is stored in blob format is ever used. I think it is just record keeping, of the state when the payment was processed, which is a good thing in some circumstances and may be a compliance issue .... maybe possibly.

(3) If it is decided that you need to store that information then it could be stored in a different table or even dumped to log files. Log files might be a nice solution and then the feature could be turned on/off as is done for some other payment modules logging.

(4) There is not a huge amount to recommend Worldpay as a web payment gateway. The interface and communication are just plain nasty in my opinion. I understand that the POS stuff works better and Worldpay is cheap, but I would really consider another option.

It is (4) that is the kicker for me. I got involved in trying to understand and streamline the module and ran away screaming. Happy to give some advice/opinions but I do not want to get into the nitty-gritty of this module. I value my sanity to highly :-)

Plugin Contributions

Out of interest what are the factors that make you both choose Worldpay rather than, for instance, Sagepay?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast