Plugin Contributions

help question Ravslide Banner & Removal of "Quick Links" and "Useful Links" on Responsive Templates

Hello,

I am using a responsive Zen Cart template, and I have searched the forum for the answers to these two questions, including entirely reading the thread for the Responsive Avonlee Contempo template I am using, but I cannot find the answers. I do not think these questions apply to only this template, so I am posting it as a new topic so I can get the answers and hopefully the answers will then help others who are just as confused as me, especially about the ravslide banner! :-)

1. I need to add a sixth ravslide banner to the homepage slideshow. I see that I (and others on the forums) have added the sixth banner group under Admin, Tools, Banner Manager. I also added the following code to tpl_home_slider.php:

<?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAV6 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAV6)) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner);
    }
    }
    ?>

However, me (and others on the forum) seem to be stuck at this spot. Could someone please point me in the direction I need to find the remaining directions for how to get a sixth slide to show on the homepage? When I look at Admin, Configuration, Responsive Avonlee Contempo, the sixth slide is not shown in the list, so getting it in there must be the step I am missing. Please help!

2. Also, how do I remove "Quick Links" and "Useful Links" on mobile devices? I removed it from the non-mobile website, but it still shows up on the mobile drop-down menu, and I do not want those headings and the links under them to show. Please advise.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ravslide Banner & Removal of "Quick Links" and "Useful Links" on Responsive Templ

I modified catalog/includes/templates/responsive_avonlee_contempo/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php to take care of my Question #2 about the Quick Links and Useful Links. However, I still need help with adding the ravslide banners.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Ravslide Banner & Removal of "Quick Links" and "Useful Links" on Responsive Templ

I found the solution!

First, I looked at this thread to give me some guidance: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....e+banner+group

Then I followed these steps that I figured out from everything I had read:

Step 1: Create a new banner in Tools, Banner Manager.

Step 2: Add the following code to your tpl_home_slider.php (most likely found at includes/templates/your_template_name/common/tpl_home_slider.php)

<?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAV6 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETRAV6)) {
    }
    }

Step 3:

Go to your PHP My Admin, enter your database, go to your Configuration table, and I sorted by configuration_title and then found Banner Display Groups - ravslide1. Look at how those are set up and then add your 6th banner in a similar fashion, assigning it the same configuration_group_id number but a different sort_order (using the next number in consecutive order).

I hope that helps someone because it had me stumped for a long time, and it looks like others are stumped on the forum, as well. So glad I finally figured it out! :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ravslide Banner & Removal of "Quick Links" and "Useful Links" on Responsive Templ

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    I found the solution!

First, I looked at this thread to give me some guidance: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....e+banner+group

Then I followed these steps that I figured out from everything I had read:

Step 1: Create a new banner in Tools, Banner Manager.

Step 2: Add the following code to your tpl_home_slider.php (most likely found at includes/templates/your_template_name/common/tpl_home_slider.php)

<?php
    }
    }

Step 3:

Go to your PHP My Admin, enter your database, go to your Configuration table, and I sorted by configuration_title and then found Banner Display Groups - ravslide1. Look at how those are set up and then add your 6th banner in a similar fashion, assigning it the same configuration_group_id number but a different sort_order (using the next number in consecutive order).

I hope that helps someone because it had me stumped for a long time, and it looks like others are stumped on the forum, as well. So glad I finally figured it out! :-)
    Hi CookieMonster, perhaps Anne too,

I have followed your steps to the letter, however, I still am not able to get more than 5 slides for the page. I'm at wits end.

Fyi, when I accessed the database via PHPMyAdmin, the 'ravslide6' is already there, I guessed it was created when I used the Banner Manager to create the new banner for 'ravslide6'. I even deleted and re-created 'ravslide6' to ensure it will be present in the database.

I noticed however, the five 'dots' representing the numerical value of the sliders are still 5, even though I have created 6 slides.

Name:  slider_pix2.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  79.6 KB

Appreciate any suggestion... Tks

ps - I really love the template due to the responsive features... kudos to Anne

Plugin Contributions

Were you able to get this to work, or are you still stumped? I just added ravslides 8 and 9, so I know my directions work. If you are still having trouble, please let me know. I will try to remember to check back! :-)

Plugin Contributions

Hi CookieMonster,

Thanks for the reply. I did managed to get it to work after tinkering further and rereading the previous postings and examined the details from a different angle...

Unfortunately, the hosting site I was using on a shared basis expired and I wasn't aware of it. The whole site went down. I have since got my own hosting account and am rebuilding the site again now. Appreciate your response to the query though...