Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.6.0] Layout Controller detects files with extensions other than .php

I was playing around with some of the sideboxes and copied /includes/modules/sideboxes/currencies.php to /includes/modules/sideboxes/classic/currencies.php (yeah, I know, but it's a local testbed). Played with it a bit and then, wanting only to temporarily disable the sidebox, renamed the classic-folder version to currencies.php~.

Imagine my surprise when Tools->Layout Boxes Controller displayed the currencies.php~ script as an available sidebox!

I haven't had a chance to inspect /admin/layout_controller.php to see what's up, but wanted to make sure that I recorded the sighting before I forgot.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Layout Controller detects files with extensions other than .php

I thought that was standard operaton as I'd seen it two months ago or so, but hadn't gone to ferret it out myself either.

Looking at the code though, basically any (all) files n the override directory are loaded unless named empty.txt. Was that way in 1.5.1 even.

Prior to adding the file to the directory array, there is no check to validate the extension like there is in the main directory. There also is not a check to see that the overridden file existed in the parent folder as is done with html_includes.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Layout Controller detects files with extensions other than .php

Addressed for v1.6.0 here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/521

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.