Plugin Contributions

Default Removing Payment Step from Checkout Flow

As I have explained on previous posts, our store is a pickup from drop point and pay us then only store. We will not need to actually accept payment online.

Therefore I need to make some pretty heavy changes to the checkout process. While I have already removed the unnecessary payment modules, I would really like to completely remove the Payment Options page during check out. Is there a way to do this that will not break the entire site?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Payment Method from Checkout Process

Removing the payment-method collection entirely might be a bit extreme. What if you simply rename (by changing the language file) the moneyorder payment method? You could rename it so that instead of displaying "Check/Money Order" to the customer, it displays "Pay at the Store".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Removing the payment-method collection entirely might be a bit extreme. What if you simply rename (by changing the language file) the moneyorder payment method? You could rename it so that instead of displaying "Check/Money Order" to the customer, it displays "Pay at the Store".
    Yes... the site will not function without an active payment module. Even though you are taking payment exclusively offline, your customers will want to know the totals, any tax charges (if applicable), and receive an order confirmation (which you can use when they come to pay as a cross-reference).

Cloning the check/money-order module is relatively easy, and a few years ago my colleague FAIRESTCAPE outlined the procedure on this forum. It's basically re-wording a number of constants and defines, but retaining the essential FUNCTION of the module. I cloned this module and called it ACCOUNT HOLDERS, which is available in the downloads. If you go get this module, and open up all the PHP files side by side with the original check/moneyorder module, you'll see how it's been altered. Just follow the format and in a half hour, you'll have a new payment module for your needs.

Remember - you do not change the existing check/moneyorder module - you make a COPY of it and create a NEW module, which you then load to the server, and activate (enable) in your admin as you would any payment module.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Alright I will give those ideas a shot. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Adding to schoolboy's suggestion, I have implemented something similar for a client by cloning the Cash on Delivery module and called it Cash upon Pickup. All I needed to do was changing some of the language definitions in the cloned module, changed the variable cod to cup and parts of constants from _COD_ to _CUP_

Has been up and running since ZC 1.3.9